Home

dl, steals commentary

This is a discussion on dl, steals commentary within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
dl, steals commentary

How do you steal? The help sucks cus it days lb which only leads off the base.

How do you put someone on fl?

How do you get commentators to stop saying let's look at what the mariners did last season EVERY DAM GAME and even more then once a game. This commentary royalty sucks it says the same thing EVERY effing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: dl, steals commentary

I shut the commentary off 15 minutes after I fired up the game for the first time. I'd prefer they simply call balls, strikes, outs and announce the batting order. The rest of it is too repetitive as you said.

There's a baserunning thread around here, probably on page 2.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
Rookie

PittPens1787's Arena

OVR: 0

To steal, you have to HOLD LT (or LB if you want all runners to go). You'll feel it vibrate. Release the trigger when you want the guy to run, generally as soon as the pitcher starts his motion.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

The thing that pisses me off about the commentary is that the announcers give away whether or not a catch will be made. While the ball is in the air, if they say "Ethier over to field it" while he is still sprinting, you can forget about the ball dropping. Also it would be nice if they didn't give away homeruns right away by showing the H icon on your batter's baserunner icon.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #5
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
The thing that pisses me off about the commentary is that the announcers give away whether or not a catch will be made. While the ball is in the air, if they say "Ethier over to field it" while he is still sprinting, you can forget about the ball dropping. Also it would be nice if they didn't give away homeruns right away by showing the H icon on your batter's baserunner icon.
It only shows the h when its clearly a HR. Like INR a hitter would know if he got one or not as soon as it leaves the bat. Some of the commentary can be repetitive, but its the best commentary to ever be in a sports game period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

In my player, I've never hit a HR where it didn't say H on my batter right away. If it shows what base I've selected, the ball has always stayed in the park.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:37 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
Had them say '[player] over to field it' plenty of times and it drop, must just be particular luck.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Holding lb to steal doesn't work because the pitcher ALWAYS 100% of the time picks you off even though his ai pickoff is like 25. Waiting till the pitcher starts his delivery doesn't work. not enough time to hold lb. lb vibrated only after the ball has been pitched.

it needs to be like every other game. tell the runner to steal and he goes by himself.

the only steals my franchise team will have is on simmed games only. its impossible otherwise and completely ruins base running aspect of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »