Home

MLB 2K12 Official How's your Franchise Going Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Official How's your Franchise Going Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #9
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: MLB 2K12 Official How's your Franchise Going Thread

4-2 with my Dodgers. Still messing with sliders. Almost at a sweet spot. A few more games should do it.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #10
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

How has the CPU AI been in franchise mode? Any different then an exhibition game?
Old 03-14-2012, 12:36 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Using MK's sliders, I am 1-3. I lost to the Mets 11-2, then won 13-7, then lost 5-4 in the 14th on a walk off HR to Vinny Rottino of all people. I went on to play the Astros in Houston and got up 1-0 early, then added on in the 8th to make it 2-0. I went for the complete game SO with Beachy and it backfired. They tied it back up, then in the 9th, another walk off HR loss for me in back to back games.

My pitching has obviously gotten a lot better if you look at the scores and amount of hits I'm giving up. Now I just need more offense, but inconsistent offense is the Braves' specialty. I'm sure I'll turn my record around soon, I'm still getting a feel for the new game and sliders.

A few things I find funny. Dan Uggla has one hit on the year, his average is .057, and that hit is also a HR. Brian McCann has 5 HR's, all in the last 3 games, he is batting .667 on the year. No one else has any HR's outside those two. Also, Freddie Freeman leads my team with two steals, and yes, I am playing all innings, so I have manually somehow stolen more bases with Freeman than anyone else on my team. He only has two, but we're only 4 games into the season haha.

Also, Dan Uggla leads the majors with 5 errors on the year. The dude just cannot field a ball cleanly as most are fielding errors, not throwing errors, so they're not even my fault, they're truly Uggla's fault. And that is also even after knocking down the errors one notch from MK's initial base set.

I do really enjoy this game though. A nice step up from 2k11 in my opinion and I'm still getting used to it, but I feel my team is going to finish strong and I'll probably finally finish a 162 game season for once.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2012, 01:03 AM   #12
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Worked out my sliders tonight. I will be starting my franchise once the Opening Day Rosters come out. I will be controlling all teams, playing season#1 as the Phillies, and plan on playing all 162 games with them. Will be the first time I've ever done that, as I usually sim about month's worth of games (or more).
Old 03-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

My season is coming along very poorly. The A's are 32-49 and dead last by a long ways in the AL west. Personally I have won 1 of the 14 games I've played. Awesome.

There are some really annoying qualities, the dynamic pop up system is...well stupid. Major leaguers basically never drop pop ups and I've dropped 2 in one game. Also errors by the 2nd baseman are way too common.

But the real reason I'm horrible is I can't score. Most games I get shut out. And my best output so far is 2 runs which I've done twice. And those runs are pretty much always manufactured. Get a single with a fast guy, steal 2nd and hope for a base hit.

I'm almost there with the hitting, but the A's god awful hitters don't help. I dealt Bartolo Colon for a Single prospect who could be a 4 star starter someday. It allows me to slot Jarrod Parker into the rotation. Other than that, I'll likely deal Brandon McCarthy before the trading deadline. I can pick up Freeman from the braves, too bad he's plays first like all the rest of my young guys...hmm, maybe I could deal freeman for something even better...
Old 03-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #14
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Decided to start a franchise with the Royals. Off to a 4-1 start. 2 of 3 from the Angels to open the season. Pujols absolutely murdered Royals' pitching, hitting 3 homeruns and 3 doubles. But, Jeff Francouer salvaged the series with a game winning double in the top of the 9th and Soria had the save.

Battered Bartolo Colon around in game 1 against Oakland and won 7-2. Game 2 was a 4-1 victory with Danny Duffy pitching 6 scoreless.

Royals are a fun team to play with.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:54 AM   #15
Banned

fearme504's Arena

OVR: 1
Just finished my first series of the regular season my Astros swept the Rockies 3 games to none. Won the first game 2-1 Wandy Rodriguez got the win pitching 7 innings allowing the one earned run and striking out 5. Second game we won 6-3 Bud Norris also had a quality start and win going 7 innings himself allowing two runs and striking out 8.
Third game won 7-6 with a walk off single by jed lowrie the single was his only hit if the day. Carlos Lee had a grandslam in the bottom of the 5th and releif pitcher Juan Abreu got the win.....

Left fielder J.D Martinez was the series mvp going 6 for 13 with a double,triple, and homerun

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2012, 05:54 AM   #16
Banned

fearme504's Arena

OVR: 1
Oh and the one roster move I've made so far was signing derrick lee he scored the game winning score in that last game

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »