Home

MLB 2K12 Official How's your Franchise Going Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Official How's your Franchise Going Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 2K12 Official How's your Franchise Going Thread

My A's have had quite the turn around during the summer I would almost claimed it started when Cliff Pennington went down for 2.5 months with a torn acl. I was forced to make a trade so I dealt Jonny Gomes for Miguel Tejada. He can't field, like at all. But he can still hit. In those 2.5 months he's hit .310 and outside of Kurt Suzuki has been my most consistent player.

Personally I've gotten better at hitting. I still rarely score more than 1 run, but I occasionally string some hits together. I feel like I'm on the cusp of not being horrible at hitting. Almost.

I'm 70-75. Not going to make the playoffs but considering I was 20 games under .500 after 60 games it's not bad. I have real hope that I can compete for the wild card next year. I'll play about 4 more games then it is on to the offseason.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 4

Cameron Maybin had 3 triples last game to bring his April total to 5 with just a couple games to go. Batting off Barry Zito is fun.

I am now 10-11 and once I get to .500 it's time to review my sliders. I'm also going to back off my torrid pace of games.

Having an unbelievable blast with this game.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
Cameron Maybin had 3 triples last game to bring his April total to 5 with just a couple games to go. Batting off Barry Zito is fun.

I am now 10-11 and once I get to .500 it's time to review my sliders. I'm also going to back off my torrid pace of games.

Having an unbelievable blast with this game.
Did you get your freezing issue on PC solved?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
Did you get your freezing issue on PC solved?
It didn't happen at all last night, but it happened once when I played today. Thankfully it doesn't crash, it's just a pause.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
It didn't happen at all last night, but it happened once when I played today. Thankfully it doesn't crash, it's just a pause.
It sure can be frustrating when PC games start doing stuff like that out of the blue. Game on!
Old 03-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #38
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddert
My A's have had quite the turn around during the summer I would almost claimed it started when Cliff Pennington went down for 2.5 months with a torn acl. I was forced to make a trade so I dealt Jonny Gomes for Miguel Tejada. He can't field, like at all. But he can still hit. In those 2.5 months he's hit .310 and outside of Kurt Suzuki has been my most consistent player.

Personally I've gotten better at hitting. I still rarely score more than 1 run, but I occasionally string some hits together. I feel like I'm on the cusp of not being horrible at hitting. Almost.

I'm 70-75. Not going to make the playoffs but considering I was 20 games under .500 after 60 games it's not bad. I have real hope that I can compete for the wild card next year. I'll play about 4 more games then it is on to the offseason.
What team was Miggy on?
Old 03-23-2012, 10:49 PM   #39
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

0-3 so far.. games of 0-4, 4-5 and 6-9 with the Cardinals

Game has a fun factor to it though. Fielding is a mixed bag for me, especially in the OF. I really wish it wasn't so sluggish.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:47 AM   #40
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

My first "W" of the season! We win 3-2 over the final game vs the Brewers. We took a 3-0 lead on a 2 run HR by Holliday (who's hitting .500 through 4 games with 5 RBI) and a HR by Freese. We held on after Milwaukee scored 2 in the 5th and I had to pull Lohse who was pitching a gem up until that point - typical Lohse if you ask me. Motte picks up the save and we head to Cincy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »