Home

MLB 2K13 Video and Screenshots (bestbuy kiosk)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13 Video and Screenshots (bestbuy kiosk) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 2K13 Video and Screenshots (bestbuy kiosk)

It probably didn't make the roster deadline, but there will be roster updates daily as there was last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 3

I think an argument can be made for Trout at 99, I would just argue against it. It's not out of left field.

But looking at the rest of the ratings, I like that we have that nice spread, which emphasizes another thing 2K does well, which is differentiate players. In particular, pitchers have a wide range of ratings for each of their pitches, which makes the approach with each one fundamentally different.

I've been playing a bunch of NHL 13 lately, and man that is a weakness of that series. Almost every player is rated in the 80's, and teams ave no real separation. In MLB 2K12, you felt the difference whenever you took over a new team. OF tracked balls slower or faster, infielders would have substantially different range. And of course each pitcher has a unique feel. It may not have looked as nice as some folks want, but its gameplay and simulation was compelling.

Mostly, there is nothing here that is dissuading me from getting the game on day one. I crave the new rosters and alignment, and it is a game, if 2K12 is an indication, that will net me hundreds of hours of play time.

Last edited by Mt Oread; 02-27-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #27
Rookie

Inter1's Arena

OVR: 1

Im actually stoked for MLB 2K13 again. These games are just pure fun. They don't take away options like Madden and NHL, so if its the same game last year, with improved gameplay, rosters and fun factor, im in with the Jay's this year. Can't wait!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inter1
Im actually stoked for MLB 2K13 again. These games are just pure fun. They don't take away options like Madden and NHL, so if its the same game last year, with improved gameplay, rosters and fun factor, im in with the Jay's this year. Can't wait!
I'm in total agreement with this statement. 2Kbaseball is a lot more fun in my opinion. Now if 2k can fix the issues with the outfielders jogging too the ball without urgency, the second outfielder I mean. The pause glitch when a runner is going home and when the infielder gets the ball, he pauses for a second and do that backstep and allow runs and sometimes inside the park home runs. I hope it's more urgency when trying too tag runners, it seem they fixed the uniform colors, so that a plus. looking forward too see what else they have done.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Looks good to me I just wanted to see some gameplay. I will be buying it now.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 8

does anyone know if you can apply injuries to players before starting a franchise in 2k12?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #31
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Posey is 97 overall? okay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #32
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
Why is Justin Upton on the D’Backs? As a Braves fan, I find this very disturbing.
That's kind of strange, because their most recent trailer had both Upton boys on the Braves.

I think we can sleep soundly knowing that this will be addressed on the very first roster update.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »