Home

GMAB8's 2017 MLB today/slider/roster/franchise/discussion thread

This is a discussion on GMAB8's 2017 MLB today/slider/roster/franchise/discussion thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2017, 05:25 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
GMAB8's 2017 MLB today/slider/roster/franchise/discussion thread

Instead of clogging up the 2017 roster thread, I thought I would start up a new thread for any discussions pertaining to other aspects of the mlb2k13 game or others in the series.

Any thoughts, reactions, boxscores, game recaps, ideas or any discussion at all is encouraged here. I want a place to discuss sliders and post reactions to games anyone has played.

EDIT - ADDING MY SLIDERS TO THE FRONT PAGE

Here are my sim-style sliders. My attempt is to get a slowed down version that looks and feels like the real thing. Base runner speed and Throwing Speeds are what drive these sliders. I had moved slightly too low on throw speeds and wasn't getting the proper trajectory so I had to come back to just below default throw speeds in the OF and bumped up INF throw speed as well. I still see a few too many double play in my opinion. But, I have seen that throughout this game on every slider variation I have played.

Classic swing is fun to use. 80 pitch speed keeps the balls coming off the bat realistically and coupled with 80 contact 100 power for CPU Batting, 10 pitcher control for user, the challenge is still there to shut down opposing hitters. I just played a game using Paxton versus the A's and Paxton was getting a lot of swings and misses, but gave up quite a few hits and one big rally sent him to the showers after 5 innings against a team that he should dominate most of the time. 25 CPU strike zone tendency allows me to be more selective at the plate and work the count more to get the pitch counts higher for the CPU.

These sliders are used in conjunction with the Range attribute edited roster I made. All players have their Range attribute lowered by 25 points. This has stopped the crazy snags of line drives by sprinting out of control infielders. What I read about the Range attribute basically said that the number is correlated to the size of radius the player "thinks" he can get to. Reduced down by 25, but not too much has allowed the fielders to react appropriately. Those with poor range now are severely hampered in their ability to field their position! I am loving this find!

The original roster is from JMC/MkHarsh33/justblazedown3/shogunofharlem. These guys did an amazing job putting this together and keeping it going. I am hoping we continue this into 2018. I hope to get my key for the reditorII from Vlad soon and I can be of more help!

I have updated the roster to put free agents into the pool and rosters reflect very close to who is on the team rosters as of 11/28/17. As I play a game versus each team I try to adjust their MLB 25 man roster to current and add 1 STAR free agents to their minors where needed. Takes a few minutes sometimes to adjust, but is worth it to get the players somewhat correct.

I will attach my Updated Roster

11/29/17 - changes 12/6/17 - old value in (parentheses)

Game Settings
Pitcher Fatigue 55
Hold Runners - Smart Hold
Active Bullpen - ON
Catcher Suggestion OFF
Dynamic Player Ratings - OFF

Presentation Settings
Commentary - 22
PA Volume - 90
Sound Effects - 90
Crowd - 100
Umpire - 80
Action Replays - Never
Game Flow - Hurry Up
Strike Zone Window - OFF
Inside Edge K-Zone - OFF

Controller Options

CLASSIC SWING(press A button to swing) - I personally love this style

Batter's Eye - OFF
Pitch Aim - Breakpoint Aim
Auto Fielding - OFF
Auto Baserunning - OFF

Difficulty Sliders

USER BATTING
Contact - 15
Power - 55
Bunt Contact - 35
Bunt Success - 20
Batter Eye - 0

CPU BATTING
Contact - 70 (80)
Power - 90 (100)
Bunt Contact - 35
Bunt Success - 25

USER PITCHING
Pitch Meter Speed - 100
Pitch Speed - 80
Pitch Break Influence - 50
Pitcher Composure Influence - 20 (65)
Pitcher Control - 10

CPU PITCHING
Pitch Speed - 80
Pitch Success - 100
Strike Zone Tendency - 25
Pitch Break Influence - 50
Pitcher Composure Influence - 10 (20)

USER FIELDING
Throw Accuracy - 25
Gather Error Frequency - 50
Throw Error Frequency - 55
OF Throw Speed - 45
INF Throw Speed - 10
OF Run Speed - 20
INF Run Speed - 0

CPU FIELDING
Gather Error Frequency - 50
Throw Error Frequency - 55
OF Throw Speed - 45
INF Throw Speed - 10
OF Run Speed - 20
INF Run Speed - 0

USER RUNNING
Base Runner Speed - 15
Pickoff Success - 60
Catcher Arm Strength - 10
Catcher Arm Accuracy - 10

CPU RUNNING
Base Runner Speed - 15
Hit n Run - 55
Sac Bunt - 60
Squeeze - 65
Base Runner Aggression - 10
Steal Aggression - 50
Catcher Arm Strength - 30
Catcher Arm Accuracy - 30

Range Attribute Edited Roster(-25 from all fielder's initial value):
Attached Files
File Type: rar RangeEdit.rar (1.85 MB, 8 views)

Last edited by GMAB8; 12-06-2017 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Adding my recent set of sliders and roster I am using.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2017, 12:48 PM   #2
MVP

Re: GMAB8's 2017 MLB today/slider/roster/franchise/discussion thread

So the last two games I've played I have thrown shutouts. A 5-0 win with Seattle and Gallardo against Oakland with April 23 lineups and an opening day lineup game with King Felix vs. Houston.

In the opening day game my offense got rolling and I put a four spot on starter Dallas Keuchel(sp?) through 3 innings. Nelson Cruz smacked a line drive off of Keuchel's shin in the 2nd inning and the 4 run outburst followed. The next frame was highlighted by a Cruz upper deck shot to right field. Keuchel was removed after 3 innings, so I'm going on the theory that his shin was causing problems and he tried to work through it but wasn't able to. Maybe a trip to the 10 day DL!

Felix was solid for me, I mixed up his pitches well, tried to throw first pitch strikes down in the zone and this was effective. He went 7 shutout innings and being this was opening day, I shut him down at about 90-100 pitches. 2 relief innings finished the shutout.

My next game I am going to use a slightly modified version of Mkharsh's sliders. Probably go slightly softer on cpu batting and probably 20 contact for user batting. Also, I have the pitch success at 50. I think this allows for some variance in the cpu pitching.

My next games will probably be a mix of the day's game and games from earlier in the season using actual gameday lineups.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by GMAB8; 04-29-2017 at 01:33 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:34 PM   #3
MVP

Just played M's @ Det 4/25/17 game. Felix vs Zimmerman. Actual had M's getting trounced 19-9 and Felix leaves with "dead arm." My game started pretty rocky, Felix yielded a leadoff triple to Kinsler and scored on a Castellanos single. 2 more baserunners in the inning but was able to work out of it. Felix worked out of a bases loaded jam in the 3rd. Castellanos homered to give the Tigers a 3-1 lead in the 4th. Felix battled through 6 innings, 8 hits, 3 earned struck out 10 walked 2.

M's offense I continue to struggle. Poor pitch selection and too aggressive. Zimmerman struck out 8 in 6 innings allowing 2 runs. Vogelbach and Haniger had rbi doubles in the game. I struck out 13 times and walked once. Seattle 88 strikes 48 balls. Detroit 90 strikes 30 balls. A lot of swings early in count and out of the zone. My patience will get better.

Currently have cpu batting at 60con 80pwr. User at 20/65.

Pitcher composure for both at 40 and pitch break influence at 50. Maybe a few slight differences from mks sliders, but really close.

In the middle of M's /astros currently, iwakuma got rocked, 8 runs in 2 innings. I did adjust his ratings to match the daddy leagues site, and boy are they worse. I struggled to get outs with him.

A Cruz 3 run homer has given me a fighting chance against McCullers.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #4
MVP

Final against stros ended 10-3. Chase De Jong came in and gave me 4 innings of long relief, only one mistake led to Correa's 2nd hr of the day, a 2 run shot. Astros had 14 hits, I managed 6. 80 strikes and 29 balls for stros, 77/38 for M's.

Springer led off the game with a bomb. Altuve was 4-4. Correa 3-5 2 hrs and 5rbi. Beltran had 3 hits, Gattis 2. McCullers went 7 strong innings yielding the Cruz 3 run blast in the 3rd.

I like the sliders quite a lot right now. One change I may like to see is giving my pitchers much better control, but raising the cpu batting tremendously. I haven't tried a game like that yet. I feel that pitchers should be able to locate quite well but should be punished for mistakes greatly.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAB8
Final against stros ended 10-3. Chase De Jong came in and gave me 4 innings of long relief, only one mistake led to Correa's 2nd hr of the day, a 2 run shot. Astros had 14 hits, I managed 6. 80 strikes and 29 balls for stros, 77/38 for M's.

Springer led off the game with a bomb. Altuve was 4-4. Correa 3-5 2 hrs and 5rbi. Beltran had 3 hits, Gattis 2. McCullers went 7 strong innings yielding the Cruz 3 run blast in the 3rd.

I like the sliders quite a lot right now. One change I may like to see is giving my pitchers much better control, but raising the cpu batting tremendously. I haven't tried a game like that yet. I feel that pitchers should be able to locate quite well but should be punished for mistakes greatly.

Can you post sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2017, 08:16 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKMAN83x
Can you post sliders
All credit to mkharsh here. These are nearly identical to his, only a few modifications to make it easier for me. I'm still not very good!

Hum
20 con
65 pow
15 bunt
15 bunt
0 eye

65 pitch meter speed
100 pitch speed
50 Break influence
40 composure
25 control

30 throw accuracy
55 gather error frequency
55 throw error frequency
70 of throw power
20 inf throw power
10 of run speed
0 inf run spd

35 baserunner spd
60 pick off success
20 C arm throw pow
20 C arm acc

CPU
60 contact
80 power
40 bunt
40 bunt

90 pitch speed
50 pitch success
30 strike zone tendency
50 pitch break influence
40 composure

55 gather error
55 throw error
70 of throw
20 inf throw
10 of run spd
0 inf run spd

35 baserunner speed
55 hit and run
60 sac bunt
65 squeeze
55 run aggression
50 steal aggression
85 C arm
85 C arm acc

Old 04-29-2017, 01:24 AM   #7
MVP

Played the last two M's/Tigers games. Lost 5-2 with Paxton on the hill. He pitched ok, battling around the red pitches from the tendency system. My offense continues to struggle. I haven't been able to string together enough hits. Relied on the long ball by Cruz in most of my games.

Yesterday's game, Iwakuma vs Verlander and JV had his best stuff. He threw no-hit ball through 7 innings. Cano finally broke the no-hitter and Motter managed a double in the ninth, but Verlander stuck it out for the CGSO. 8 K's and 4bb. Detroit gets the 2-0 win.

Kuma pitched well, allowing only 5 hits and 2 runs through 5.2. One scored via a wild pitch as well. Overall a great game. I just need to get the bats going a bit.

Last edited by GMAB8; 04-29-2017 at 01:36 AM.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:49 AM   #8
MVP

April 28 Seattle @ Cleveland. Miranda vs. Carrasco. I got a run early in the game off Carrasco, but was unable to string anything together. I was very impatient at the plate once again. Still struggling with that aspect of the game. Carrasco went the full 9 innings in only 104 pitches. 12 K's and gave up 5 hits.

Miranda was solid for me until the 5th when Encarnacion smashed a 3 run homer to give the Indians a 3-1 lead. Lindor added a solo shot in the 7th for the final margin of 4-1. Lindor finished 4-4 in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »