Home

2011 Atlanta Braves

This is a discussion on 2011 Atlanta Braves within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #753
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: 2011 Atlanta Braves

lol Stanton = Minor in my mind.

Can't believe I forgot about Tommy. It seemed like there were enough "locks" when I was typing that.

Clearly higher brain functions weren't really working.

Last edited by KSUowls; 12-10-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #754
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18

New idea for Atlanta to acquire:

Mark Trumbo

I'm not saying he would be great at it, but he could play corner OF/3B/1B. Power-hitting righty.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #755
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

It's been quiet in here so I thought I'd mention a few things:

- The Baltimore trade was never offered, thank goodness. The Braves inquired about Jones and the Orioles asked for JJ/Prado/prospect, to which Wren said no thanks.

- I want no part of Mark Trumbo (.290's OBP) and I don't think Los Angeles would trade him anyway.

- Reading up on some stuff and it sounds like Atlanta is putting themselves in a position to make some noise in the FA market next year. The rumor I keep reading is that they want to make a run at Josh Hamilton and put him in LF...that would be a fun bat to put in the line up.

Less than two months until Spring Training kicks off...can't wait!

Merry Christmas fellow Braves fans,
SF
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #756
All Star

OVR: 8

What is the thinking behind the Martin Prado trade talks? It seems the Braves are shopping him around everywhere, and the latest one doesn't seem to be an equal return.

Seth Smith of the Rockies?
Prado has a better BA
Smith has shown a little more power, but he also plays at Coors Field.

Smith is a true OF which would solidify the OF defense, but Prado is a super utility man able and can give Chipper a bunch of nights off, and even fill in for Uggla when he needs it too.

Smith has a little more speed, but by no means is he a burner. He also draws more walks. He has a higher strike out rate though, and combined with his lower BA their OBPs are about the same.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:38 AM   #757
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
What is the thinking behind the Martin Prado trade talks? It seems the Braves are shopping him around everywhere, and the latest one doesn't seem to be an equal return.

Seth Smith of the Rockies?
Prado has a better BA
Smith has shown a little more power, but he also plays at Coors Field.

Smith is a true OF which would solidify the OF defense, but Prado is a super utility man able and can give Chipper a bunch of nights off, and even fill in for Uggla when he needs it too.

Smith has a little more speed, but by no means is he a burner. He also draws more walks. He has a higher strike out rate though, and combined with his lower BA their OBPs are about the same.
I don't get it at all. Smith isn't a great player to me, and Prado is an All-Star for crying out loud. He had an injury last year. A staph infection is no minor thing, and it obviously affected him last year. I completely expect 2010 numbers from him next year, and Seth Smith doesn't even come close to matching that. Smith's slg % away from Coors last year was .456. And while good, that's still lower than Prado's slg % from 2008-2010. And Prado is right handed, which fits better with this lineup. And if Chipper retires after this season, he's probably your 3B in 2013, which is a harder position to fill than LF.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:56 AM   #758
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Seth Smith for Prado would be highway robbery for the Rockies. Like, really? Even if Prado is nowhere near his 2010 self, his versatility is more valuable than 3 Seth Smiths.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »