Home

2011 Baltimore Orioles

This is a discussion on 2011 Baltimore Orioles within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36
2011 Baltimore Orioles

I think this is my 6th straight year of starting this

I'm predicting 86-76...color me optimistic. There's a chance for more, but only if Lee/Hardy/Reynolds have bounce back years and all the young guys fulfill their potential. It's gonna be pretty exciting this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: 2011 Baltimore Orioles

it will be a more exciting year finally for O's fans I'd say 500. 82-82
Old 01-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Well, it's time to start another frustrating year. The O's need to find some pop in the middle of the line-up and I would love for them to be competaive into the fall, so that the young arms know what it's like to play competative baseball. I really feel like 2010 large portions of the team regressed, namly Wieters and Matusz, but it's almost spring and hope springs enternal...

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 01-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Well, it's time to start another frustrating year. The O's need to find some pop in the middle of the line-up and I would love for them to be competaive into the fall, so that the young arms know what it's like to play competative baseball. I really feel like 2010 large portions of the team regressed, namly Wieters and Matusz, but it's almost spring and hope springs enternal...
I wouldn't say Matusz regressed...he came on really strong to end the year. Tillman is the one that regressed IMO.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

Will Nick Markakis find his power stroke again. 12 HR last year, but 45 doubles. Would love to see him hit 20-25 bombs this year and keep that average around .300.

JJ, if Matusz did come on I probably had already thrown in the towel. I was really dissapointed with the O's. After spending the cash I didn to go to my first ever Opening Day at Camden Yards it was all down hill from there for me.

Twitch

Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

near .550 ball this year is expected any other division in baseball we could play 585-595 and win the division.

Guys you can't look at last year until buck got here , Dave Trembly had no business being a major league manager, buck came in and we had the best record in the AL East with talent far less than what is now about to be released on AL East Pitchers. Buck did everything right

1. Restored the confidence "restore a winning way and you get more out of your players.
2. Started to win playing all types of baseball , big ball , small ball, smart 7th 8th and 9th extra run ball
3.By Winning and showing the Orioles were a force attracted the big name free agents to want to come to the O'S
4. Released all the old coaches mindset and most important our hitting coach "THE CROW " his style of hitting is for the old days when pitchers only could control fastballs and breaking and out pitches were only used down in the count , now pitchers use all pitches and sometimes the best pitch to hit which they hang is a slider or curve on 1-0 1-1 2-1 counts . Crow had the wait for the perfect fastball and pitchers now are just to good, but if you hit a couple of breaking balls pitchers have to adjust when pitchers have the need to adjust is when they make the wrong pitch or don't trust the stuff and that's when the hanging fastball occurs.
5. The orioles pitching for the last 3 seasons has not been the problem the 2 causes for loses were our pitchers avg 3-4 runs given up per 7 and the offense only had a mindset to get 2-3 runs = loss
Our manager had no idea had to manager the 7th 8th and 9th inning either going to the pen when it was not needed, getting the wrong match-up based on the hitters strengths or weaknesses in pressure spots.

Buck knows baseball and now he has the talent to return the orioles Magic, just look at the lineup

1. Brian Roberts - This man is a doubles machine, sometimes to aggressive when pitches need to be taking for other hitters to get looks but buck will control that I expect Brian to have a awesome year as long as he stays healthy with 35-45 doubles
2. Jones, Markakis , either one I like Markakis more because of his ability to hit sliders and bat control to move runners when needed, at the same time I watched Adam pound the right center wall when buck came telling me something changed in his mental game and approach in baseball situations.
3. Markakis, Lee, If jones can handle moving runners , Markakis moves to 3 and could have 28-35 homeruns with protection from VLAD, SCOTT, Reynolds, LEE every single one of these guys is capable of hitting 25-40 homeruns and driving in 100
4. Most likely VLAD hits here just to dangerous not to exp after a guy like markakis who swings only at good pitches will allow VLAD to see the pitchers best stuff trying to get Markakis out and then mistakes will be punished
5-7 : Reynolds Lee Scott, no matter what order scott would be my fifth if he stays consistent , your fifth spot hitter can never be afraid to pull the trigger and more strikeouts are expected in NON Rbi Situations from trying to get the 1 run per inning mentality of hitting the ball out. Lee I will have to see if that right center stroke is there otherwise he gets moved to the 7th spot for 15-25 homeruns 80 RBI
8TH SPOT: Weiters: wow Matt batting eighth after a pitcher has had to go through that order can we say fastballs , fastballs and more fastballs Matt could have that Joe Mauer with power type breakout.
9th: Hardy; Perfect the pitcher has gone through the power and now he has a guy who is going to be a nat and foul pitches off over and over and hit line drives back at him right before he has to get ready again for Roberts and the top of the lineup to come up again.

Some people just don't know baseball this lineup is a force and wear out out mental wise type , if young pitchers see they will get the key 5 runs they will be even more better by challenging hitters and making the Orioles rotation as known name again. Plus buck went and got solid relief to win the 7th 8th and 9th
Old 02-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #7
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

I'm not sure I trust Luke Scott as an everyday LF, and Vlad is way to old to play in the field. Luke is a streaky hitter, I would hate to see when he runs cold it affects his fielding as well. Given that we are going to be counting on some Young guys coming back to form this year in the rotation I don't like the thought of there being extra outs in LF. I will be watching that closely this spring.

Twitch

Year 1:
Old 03-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #8
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

i wanted to get an opinion or two from knowledgable O's fans
i set up the Orioles minors in MLB the Show(with what few slots i had available) & i wanted to see if there was maybe someone i missed i wasn't aware of, thanks

catcher
Adam Donachie
Michel Hernandez
Steven Lerud
Caleb Joseph
Michael Ohlman

1b
Joseph Mahoney
Tyler Townsend

2b
Ryan Adams
Mychal Givens
LJ Hoes

3b
Jonathan Schoop
Connor Narron
Billy Rowell
Brandon Waring

ss
Greg Miclat
Manny Machado
Pedro Florimon

of
Daniel Figueroa
Jeff Fiorentino
Matt Angle
Xavier Avery
Trent Mummey
Kyle Hudson
Tyler Henson
Ronnie Welty

Pitchers
Chorye Spoone
Timothy Bascom
Eddie Gamboa
Chris George
Steve Johnson
Michael Ballard
Ryan Berry
Zach Britton
Dan Klein
Pat Egan
Matt Hobgood
Parker Bridwell
Bobby Bundy
Raul Rivero
Mark Worrell
Brandon Erbe
Nick Bierbrodt

I know the infield is heavier stacked than the outfield but i felt that was
a truer reflection of the Baltimore orginization(talent-wise).
thanks again for any input

Last edited by dingleberryfinn; 03-27-2011 at 06:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »