Home

The Quest for #12 in '12 "St. Louis Cardinals thread"

This is a discussion on The Quest for #12 in '12 "St. Louis Cardinals thread" within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14
The Quest for #12 in '12 "St. Louis Cardinals thread"

Well I think it's about time to start one of these up. Coming off of the 11th World Championship title in team history, the St. Louis Cardinals have to find someone to make up for the loss of one of the best Cardinals, and arguably the best player of this generation.

With Albert Pujols moving on, it's time the Cards do as well. And I think the best way to do that is to go out and sign Carlos Beltran. With the return of Adam Wainwright, this team is set to contend again in 2012, and bringing in Beltran will add a lot of depth to a still potent offense. This upcoming season looks promising. Hopefully we get to see a full season out of David Freese and in giving Allen Craig a shot to start full time, maybe he turns into an All-Star.

But with a new season, there are always new challenges. How will Mike Matheny do as manager? How will the loss of Albert affect us? Can Berkman keep up his stellar play? Time will only tell. The only thing we can do is wait for spring to come so we can watch the team we love try and defend their title. Quest for #12 in '12!!
NCAA: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: The Quest for #12 in '12 "St. Louis Cardinals thread"

So it seems that no Cards fans like to post in our own thread...

Anyway, I have a request that I think others will want to help me out with.
It has nothing to do with this season, but this is our thread. Where else am I supposed to post this?

It seems as though BP Village isn't coming anytime soon and I don't know who to talk to or email at the stadium about this idea. Before anybody forgets, I want to find out exactly where the home plate of the old Busch Stadium laid. I also want to find out exactly where McGwire's #62 and #70 homers landed in relation to the parking lot.

We have a good reference to start with if we follow the markings at the stadium already, where the outfield wall was and where the RF line was.
According to Clem's Baseball Blog, it seems that first base was not too far from where the RF line ends when it hits Market St. outside of Gate 4. If you move your mouse over the overlapping link, the new stadium will pop up and show the overlap.

I was thinking someone with photoshop would be able to match some pictures up with the overlapping image with a birds eye view of the parking lot or something similar. Google Maps maybe? I don't know. Or maybe somebody could use some math and figure out the arc from the CF fence to the LF fence, find the distance, go out to the stadium and use one of those measuring wheels to see where 62 landed. From there, it would be easier to find where home plate was, because the LF line was just a few feet from where 62 landed. I do have a couple of bird's eye view images that might be helpful to someone willing to help.

The Braves have where 715 landed. Pittsburgh has where Forbes Field's home plate was. Why don't we have our own versions.

I already found out where Stan's statue used to be using Google Maps, that was easy. The different colored stones are still there. I used this photo, with this image from the Maps and I plan on visiting it soon. Circled in yellow is where Stan used to be. BTW, where did this arch pattern come from?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg statues.JPG (93.5 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg stan smaller.JPG (92.5 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by sydrogerdavid; 04-27-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:08 AM   #3
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

I'll just leave this here and see what happens.

Last edited by sydrogerdavid; 07-09-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #4
Rookie

bonafied0034's Arena

OVR: 6
When is it time to find some bullpen help?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-01-2012, 05:19 AM   #5
Rookie

bonafied0034's Arena

Cox for mujica? Really? I know we needed bullpen help, but come on.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonafied0034
Cox for mujica? Really? I know we needed bullpen help, but come on.

He had no place on this team, and Mujica should be a great 7th inning bridge. If MO has earned anything, it should be our trust. When has he made a move that truly hasn't paid off?

The only one I know of: Khalil Greene.

Acquired Freese, Holiday, Berk, Beltran, etc. People always doubt John's moves yet they seem to always work.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:45 AM   #7
Rookie

bonafied0034's Arena

You're right, I retract my statement.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:09 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

If he says he doesn't want to be in, he's not going to be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »