Home

Pittsburgh Pirates, AAA, AA Edits

This is a discussion on Pittsburgh Pirates, AAA, AA Edits within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #505
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: pittsburgh Pirates, AAA, AA Edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
wow, thats nice to hear! no problem I am glad i posted them then, I thought i was the only one that played with the pirates. these shuold be pretty spot on, I watch ALOT of the buccos and go to about 20 games a year. Not all the stances are perfect, but as close as I could get them. I was also at spring trainging this year so I got to see a lot of the younger guys in the minors. good luck with the buccos, let me know how your season goes!
thanks tree and trust me your not the only one ha ha ha!!! i play as the bucs as well
CFB: Oregon Ducks '10

I HATE TO LOSE MORE THAN I LOVE TO WIN
--------------------------------------------------
Twitter: Rileyfcol
PSN: Doc_Hollladay
Instagram:7_wolfe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #506
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

Fellas what do you guys think we are looking at for Walker and Tabata power and contact??? because I cant let Neil be the starting 2b with contact numbers in the 30's as well as Tabata....I was thinking something like this....

Walker RT/57 - LT/53, RP/49 - LP/44 and raise his defense up to around 59 and speed up to around 61 - doesnt make him a superstar but gives him some respectability. as for Tabata hmmm because its such a short body of work but..

Tabata RT/47-50 - LT/48-52 - RP/43 - LP/45...raise his speed to 81 (he has been a beast in the majors already) so probably raise his BRA to around 77..

I'm just throwing out numbers but what do you guys think..am I short changing our future stars or jumping the gun a lil?

Old 06-13-2010, 04:16 PM   #507
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38

We all know that SCEA will assign minimal attributes to those who have had severely limited major league experience (Walker). So....I've always used a players' minor league arrtibutes, etc. from the prior year.....simply because there's more info to go on.

I know some dont like the idea, and that's fine...but things always work out for me and most importantly for me, I dont have to wait for any 'updates'. which in this case, really aren't updates anyway, since whatever info is posted, is based on a real short sample.

For Walker, here's the info you asked about...this is for his total 2009 MINOR LEAGUE SEASON
(RK; AAA)

conR-67

conL-56

pwrR-55

pwrL-15

Tabata is a different story, since he had no prior MLB experience. One thing Tabata is not--is fast. Watching his debut and reaffirming what I saw in BA's handbook, he definitely IS slightly above average speedwise

I have his speed at 55, and his BRA at 30...mainly because even though he stole 11 bases in 2009 between the Bucs' AA and AAA teams, he was caught 8 times AND he also grounded into 11 DP's (which I always incorporate when creating a player). Lastly, another thing Tabata was NOT in 2009, was anywhere's close to a 'power hitter'...having hit only 5 homers in 362 AB's.

so..if ya like the numbers good, if ya don't that's good too...

his contact and power for 2009 are:

conR-69
conL-81

pwrR-10
pwrL-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_bucs_fan
Fellas what do you guys think we are looking at for Walker and Tabata power and contact??? because I cant let Neil be the starting 2b with contact numbers in the 30's as well as Tabata....I was thinking something like this....

Walker RT/57 - LT/53, RP/49 - LP/44 and raise his defense up to around 59 and speed up to around 61 - doesnt make him a superstar but gives him some respectability. as for Tabata hmmm because its such a short body of work but..

Tabata RT/47-50 - LT/48-52 - RP/43 - LP/45...raise his speed to 81 (he has been a beast in the majors already) so probably raise his BRA to around 77..

I'm just throwing out numbers but what do you guys think..am I short changing our future stars or jumping the gun a lil?

Last edited by Rod_Carew29; 06-13-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:14 PM   #508
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod_Carew29
We all know that SCEA will assign minimal attributes to those who have had severely limited major league experience (Walker). So....I've always used a players' minor league arrtibutes, etc. from the prior year.....simply because there's more info to go on.

I know some dont like the idea, and that's fine...but things always work out for me and most importantly for me, I dont have to wait for any 'updates'. which in this case, really aren't updates anyway, since whatever info is posted, is based on a real short sample.

For Walker, here's the info you asked about...this is for his total 2009 MINOR LEAGUE SEASON
(RK; AAA)

conR-67

conL-56

pwrR-55

pwrL-15

Tabata is a different story, since he had no prior MLB experience. One thing Tabata is not--is fast. Watching his debut and reaffirming what I saw in BA's handbook, he definitely IS slightly above average speedwise

I have his speed at 55, and his BRA at 30...mainly because even though he stole 11 bases in 2009 between the Bucs' AA and AAA teams, he was caught 8 times AND he also grounded into 11 DP's (which I always incorporate when creating a player). Lastly, another thing Tabata was NOT in 2009, was anywhere's close to a 'power hitter'...having hit only 5 homers in 362 AB's.

so..if ya like the numbers good, if ya don't that's good too...

his contact and power for 2009 are:

conR-69
conL-81

pwrR-10
pwrL-20
great! Rod..any input is always helpful..you know how it goes..we all have our opinions..i just dont wanna boost up the dudes too much then i feel like im cheating lol...so i try to get honest valuable opinions..and yours seem to be on point...maybe my whole tabata and speed thing comes from bad minor league catchers lol the 20 something stolen bases thanks for the input though i'm actually doing the bucs now so perfect timing bro!! take it easy

Old 06-13-2010, 06:28 PM   #509
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38

you're welcome young bucs....
I'm like you and some of us here on OS...just want to get it RIGHT...or as close as possible.....

^5

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_bucs_fan
great! Rod..any input is always helpful..you know how it goes..we all have our opinions..i just dont wanna boost up the dudes too much then i feel like im cheating lol...so i try to get honest valuable opinions..and yours seem to be on point...maybe my whole tabata and speed thing comes from bad minor league catchers lol the 20 something stolen bases thanks for the input though i'm actually doing the bucs now so perfect timing bro!! take it easy
Old 06-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #510
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod_Carew29
you're welcome young bucs....
I'm like you and some of us here on OS...just want to get it RIGHT...or as close as possible.....

^5
cool man!!!!

Old 06-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #511
Rookie

OVR: 8

Can someone please post a full CAP of RF Jose Tabata ?

Please

Thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #512
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventino_10
Can someone please post a full CAP of RF Jose Tabata ?

Please

Thank you
I can post the one that i use when i get home...but like Rod and I said earlier he has such a early body of work in the Majors.so he used his minor league stats..the matter of opinion is all we can go upon right now..like rod gave him an 81 LT contact which was cool...i dubbed it down to around 66 due to the years in the league i'll show you what I have and if you wanna use it all good if not I hope it gives you a starting ground..have fun!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »