Home

My all time rosters

This is a discussion on My all time rosters within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: My all time rosters

Good job on this!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Rosters look good, Thank you for posting them here.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:38 PM   #11
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

OVR: 3

you made Louisiana Lightnin Ron Guidry a righthanded pitcher, he was a lefty, otherwise just diving into them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2010, 10:37 PM   #12
MVP

bhrangerfan0809's Arena

Ok thank you much for that bit of info. This is what this thread is for. It will be corrected in the next update.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:51 AM   #13
MVP

CWSpalehoseCWS's Arena

OVR: 8

Not bad but there are some errors for the White Sox if you ask me. All these comments are meant to be suggestions, and are not meant to be offensive.

- 3B Lorenzo Ortiz is a fake player and needs to be replaced.
- Alexei Ramirez and Alex Rios should be no where near the 25-man roster.
- I would get rid of Chet Lemon. Best White Sox CF? Go with Fielder Jones. Led them to their 1st WS win and was a good hitter for the "Hitless Wonders". If you want a player a little earlier/modern then go with Jim Landis, as he'd be the fan favorite.
- Where is Harold Baines? He needs to be the RF without a doubt.
- There are arguments that can be made to put Collins, Fisk, and Jackson on different teams, even though it pains me to say that...
- Just a thought but you could go either way with the backup catcher in Sherm Lollar or adding Ray Schalk. If you drop Fisk you can have both.
- Some stances and deliveries are off at a quick glance.

Pitching looks good. I disagree with a few of the guys, but it's not like the guys you picked aren't Sox greats. IMO, I would get rid of Thornton Lee & Tommy John and add Doc White and Mark Buehrle just because they did more for the White Sox over their careers (both WS winners). Maybe even add Bobby Jenks and Roberto Hernandez too. Jenks is on pace to pass some of the Sox leaders if he stays for a few more years.

If you want what I use as the Sox all-time roster just let me know and I'll post it.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:33 AM   #14
MVP

bhrangerfan0809's Arena

As I said in the first post, these are just the starting 9 fielders as of now. Some teams have more pitchers than others, but this is not the final roster. right now I'm finishing up the starting 9 for every team and then the bench, rotations, and 25 man roster.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #15
MVP

bhrangerfan0809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSpalehoseCWS
Not bad but there are some errors for the White Sox if you ask me. All these comments are meant to be suggestions, and are not meant to be offensive.

- 3B Lorenzo Ortiz is a fake player and needs to be replaced.
- Alexei Ramirez and Alex Rios should be no where near the 25-man roster.
- I would get rid of Chet Lemon. Best White Sox CF? Go with Fielder Jones. Led them to their 1st WS win and was a good hitter for the "Hitless Wonders". If you want a player a little earlier/modern then go with Jim Landis, as he'd be the fan favorite.
- Where is Harold Baines? He needs to be the RF without a doubt.
- There are arguments that can be made to put Collins, Fisk, and Jackson on different teams, even though it pains me to say that...
- Just a thought but you could go either way with the backup catcher in Sherm Lollar or adding Ray Schalk. If you drop Fisk you can have both.
- Some stances and deliveries are off at a quick glance.

Pitching looks good. I disagree with a few of the guys, but it's not like the guys you picked aren't Sox greats. IMO, I would get rid of Thornton Lee & Tommy John and add Doc White and Mark Buehrle just because they did more for the White Sox over their careers (both WS winners). Maybe even add Bobby Jenks and Roberto Hernandez too. Jenks is on pace to pass some of the Sox leaders if he stays for a few more years.

If you want what I use as the Sox all-time roster just let me know and I'll post it.
I would love if you could give me tips for the batting stances or pitching stances. I have limited resources when it comes to older footage of batters and their stances, likewise for pitchers. And i would be fine if you posted your all time team, and since there are so many fake players, i could create several that in my opinion would not make the team in the minors (if they received recommendation to be on the all time team). Any extra help is fine, since i'm doing this roster by myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm looking for a set like this, can't wait to see the finished product, take ur time on these, this could be great!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »