Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #617
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

with a ton of roster files already uploaded, how do you sort in Sportsconnect for these?
Old 04-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #618
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledge24
with a ton of roster files already uploaded, how do you sort in Sportsconnect for these?
square button sorts - approval rating is probably the best bet.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #619
Pro

ferriscj24's Arena

OVR: 12

^ Ditto. Considering the "Download Count" is stuck at zero and doesn't work, and descriptions don't work...sort by rating. Unfortunately that's all we can do...
Old 04-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #620
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
Guys I just want to chime in real quick.....

First of all thanks to everyone who has sent pm's and thanks yous..no need they are for all of us to enjoy.

This set is not perfect..it is a work in progress as stated numerous times..this was rushed out to get a workable set for opening day...tons of work to do yet.

This was a team effort, Knight has been fantastic...its been a pleasure working with you...Ksig, well this is the problem...lol.

-you complain about things with the roster in the open forum that YOU DID
-Then you PM people in the community that are MY friends and you tell them what a ****ty job I did on the ratings...well maybe you are right....you worked on the set for 2 days..I worked on it for over 4 weeks...again, never claiming it was perfect but a work in progress...what a TEAM player you are...

The ratings need work....they are Subjective..if you rate minor league players like Major league players it throws off the balance in the game..........
I had the set for a lot longer than two days. I was a bit concerned that the organization of how we did the set was a bit off. I think for next year that the set should start with me and I will put the players in the set and generate ratings for certain prospects. I am trying to play the game, but all I can muster is measly singles and an occasional double. I have hit 0 homers with any of the minor league players. After simming some seasons the numbers that they finish the season with are unrealistic and if I am not mistaking I thought that we were looking for the most realistic feel. I was looking at Aaron Hicks and Anthony Gose who both threw 97 off the mound in HS ball but they have horrible ratings for arm strength? I did lose my mind for a minute well because I look at players and numbers all day that my ideas were actually not translated in the set. My bad. I didnt mean to beat up your ratings, I just felt that the game didnt play well in the minor leagues. MLB I rake with great hit variety however the lower levels do not play well for me. I am just one person though Scott, I am sure that others may feel different. This response is not meant to begin some type of war either. I am remaining completely reticent.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #621
Banned

I think it's good that you guys are getting this out in the open. Myself included, there were plenty of others that were willing to help with the rosters (with the "grunt" work). I think it is EXTREMELY important that when you guys do the rosters, each teammate only work on one aspect of the roster file at once. I don't know if there are others that would feel the same that I do, but I'm not 100% comfortable with say KSig doing one team's rosters and then Knight and/or Ridin doing another team's. It's not that you guys don't know what you're doing. You have proven that you are good at what you do, and believe me, we appreciate it. It's just that when 2 people are using their own subjectivity to work on the same task that someone else is, it creates an uneven playing field, so to speak.

What I was going to ask Knight last week was if it would be in everyone's best interest to figure out what time of day everyone should be assigned to their specific task. In other words, just like shifts. Is this what you guys did or did Knight just pass the set off to Ridin or KSig when he wasn't able to work on them? I guess it's none of my business, as I didn't work on them. I'm just kind of curious as to how you guys set up the taskwork.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #622
Rookie

clownbaby's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksig24
I am trying to play the game, but all I can muster is measly singles and an occasional double. I have hit 0 homers with any of the minor league players.
It sounds like you aren't a good hitter on this game. I can hit dozens of HRs with these minor league players if their power is around 40 or above.

Along with the fact that you are simming with bad results as well, it sounds like you may need to try new sliders: They have more to do with HR statistics than Rosters.

What difficulty do you play on?

Last edited by clownbaby; 04-11-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #623
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownbaby
It sounds like you aren't a good hitter on this game. I can hit dozens of HRs with these minor league players if their power is around 40 or above.

Along with the fact that you are simming with bad results as well, it sounds like you may need to try new sliders: They have more to do with HR statistics than Rosters.

What difficulty do you play on?
I have had no problems with power playing or simming with these rosters....simming seasons I have had Triple A level players with 30-35 hrs and double A with 25-30'''as for playing......i have hit 2 hrs in minor league games with aa players..so I dont know what his problem is ...I also have about a dozen friends playing with no problems so....
Old 04-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #624
Rookie

aldogabd's Arena

^well has anyone simmed ahead maybe 4 or 5 seasons? are there guys coming out of the minors that are hitting 40+ homers in the majors in 2014? cause thats the goal right? (to have certain prospects rise up and replace the old/current guys?)

(fyi im not implying anything-i just want to know haha)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »