Home

Stance and Delivery Edit Spreadsheets

This is a discussion on Stance and Delivery Edit Spreadsheets within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Stance and Delivery Edit Spreadsheets

Batting Stances
Pitching Deliveries

If you don't see a player you want to edit, it's either because I thought the stance given to him by SCEA was good enough or I did not actually edit that player for whatever reason. If you think a player's motion who is not on this list should be changed, please do tell.

Update 2: All teams have been revised for opening day 2011.

Update: All 30 teams have been done. It took me at least 50 hours to study video, figure out which motions to give to the players, and actually edit my roster file. With that said, if you think something I have is wrong or should be improved, say it constructively. I welcome any suggestions that can help me improve this project.

If you don't feel like putting all these in yourself, I've done the job already. You can download my roster file with all of these edits in it, along with correct opening day rosters, equipment, and other small edits here and there. It's under the username BaconSlayer15 and the name "Opening Day" on SportsConnect. I will upload a file later for those without internet access on their PS3.

I would like to give a lot of credit to the entire OS community for some of these edits. I did not come up with 100% of these. Thanks to those who contributed in all the stance/delivery threads, your contributions made this project possible.

I did this for MLB 2K10 last year (2K actually used it!) and I've been doing the same for The Show this year. I hope I can finish all the teams by opening day (currently at 16). I just finished all the American League teams and it only took two weeks...lol.

I looked at video for pretty much every player on the 40 man roster that existed in the game and tried to match up a stance/delivery for them (if it was needed).

All suggestions and constructive criticism are welcome. If you want to help contribute, PM me and I'll see if I can give you editing permission to the spreadsheet. My ultimate goal is to let the player choose what he prefers, so having multiple stances and deliveries for one player will be helpful.

Last edited by ImBaconBeckham; 04-09-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Stance and Delivery Edit Spreadsheets

This is great, thanks for your hard work
Old 03-22-2011, 11:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by td7
This is great, thanks for your hard work
No problem. You're welcome.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:05 AM   #4
MVP

Baseballking888's Arena

OVR: 6

This looks really good, thanks for all of your hard work put into this. I might have a few suggestions for some of the National League players.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballking888
This looks really good, thanks for all of your hard work put into this. I might have a few suggestions for some of the National League players.
I already finished the Braves entire roster. I just haven't posted yet. Will do that later tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

hey ImBaconBeckham, check your PM.

Last edited by strut24; 03-23-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

btw for Adam Dunn I'd add Bobby Crosby for an alternate stance and for Lillibridge I'd give him one other than Beckham so that you don't have 2 Beckham stances on the same team. I know a lot of guys (myself included) don't like to have 2 identical stances from the same squad unless there is ABSOLUTELY no other option. I remember for Lillibridge last year Renteria's wasn't too bad from him but he changed his stance a bit during the yr and I haven't looked yet at what applies for this year so far.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:37 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24
btw for Adam Dunn I'd add Bobby Crosby for an alternate stance and for Lillibridge I'd give him one other than Beckham so that you don't have 2 Beckham stances on the same team. I know a lot of guys (myself included) don't like to have 2 identical stances from the same squad unless there is ABSOLUTELY no other option. I remember for Lillibridge last year Renteria's wasn't too bad from him but he changed his stance a bit during the yr and I haven't looked yet at what applies for this year so far.
Crosby could work for Dunn. As for Lillibridge, he decided to change his stance late last year. He bats almost exactly like Beckham now. There are some other stances that are similar to Beckham's though (Rowand could work if you don't mind the fact that he bends his back a bit too much). If you can find one, you can add it to the alternate stances.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »