Home

MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #641
Rookie

sportscenter22's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
No no no no....

If I'm understanding you right, you need to set your roster BEFORE you start your franchise. Do this from the main menu.

Turn on game.

Load roster.

Set roster (Montero, Granderson, etc).

Save roster.

Start franchise and use the 'saved' roster. The one you just finished.

Place your profile under the Yankees.

Place a second profile to all other teams, one with roster settings (40 man, trades, lineups,etc) set to 'auto.'
I did exactly what you said. I edited the roster in main menu.

Then I start Franchise with those rosters.

As soon as i sim spring training, my rosters are a mess, and AAA players are in the bigs, then I need to use options to send them down.

I hope i am explaining this right. But I have re-read what I wrote a few times and it seems to be whats happening. BTW thanks for all this help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #642
Pro

bpete07's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

see page 1, post 1 to resolve your issue.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #643
Rookie

sportscenter22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpete07
see page 1, post 1 to resolve your issue.
Page 1 post involves using the 25 man roster. I was trying to avoid that.

Or if I was using 40 man I would have to bring down 15 players on every team, then bring them back up.

If anyone has done this how long did it take?

Last edited by sportscenter22; 04-01-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #644
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Important reminder for people using 40-man Rosters and Lineups/Club Levels sticking:

Once you begin Spring Training, any and all players on the 40-man roster, regardless of whether or not they are assigned to MLB, AAA, AA, or A, will be placed on the MLB Roster. Consider this a Spring Training Invitation.

If Spring Training is simmed, and the regular season is 'ADVANCED' to, the computer will automatically assign players on the 40-man roster to whatever level it sees fit based on ratings/needs. Here are the steps to ensure that the Club level stays intact (mirroring how you had them BEFORE starting up your season/franchise).

1. Sim or play spring training, but DON'T advance to the regular season.

2. AFTER all the games on your schedule, 15 players from the 40-man will need to be assigned to the appropriate organization level. Even though on your main roster, their clubs say AAA,AA, and A; since they were 'invited' to Spring Training, their 'club' status will ALWAYS say MLB during the Spring. You will need to option 15 players to the minors BEFORE spring training ends.

(Think of how the real life Yankees did that with D.Betances...or any of your favorite Minor Leaguers. They 'optioned' him/them before real Spring Training was over.)

3. Once 15 players are assigned to the AAA, AA, and A level, ADVANCE TO THE REGULAR SEASON.

Your lineups will now be intact, in the same order that they were via the MAIN MENU.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 04-01-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #645
MVP

Time is of the essence here, Sportscenter.

I'm not around the Internet too much longer.

I'm on a personal mission to walk you through this before I leave.

Let me know if this works. ASAP...well, I have maybe an hour, tops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #646
Rookie

Frythatchicken's Arena

OVR: 8

Why is this crap so difficult.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #647
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwrite7
Why is this crap so difficult.
It would be less difficult if I was near a PS3. I've done this before, I just can't 'see' it clearly. This is why I want Sportscenter to tell me if that works or not.

But yeah, I guess it's a little difficult.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #648
Rookie

sportscenter22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
No thanks necessary. Thank you for the 'paragraphs.'

Okay okay...try this:

Sim spring training, but DON'T advance to the regular season. AFTER all the games, you need to SEND DOWN 15 players. Even though on your main roster, their clubs say AAA (etc), since they were 'invited' to Spring Training, their 'club' status will ALWAYS say MLB. You need to option 15 players to the minors BEFORE spring training ends.

Think of how the real life Yankees just did that with Betances. They 'optioned' him before real spring training was over.

Got it! LOL! Use the roster you ALREADY saved. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. Do this on the last day of spring (after all the games, before advancing to the regular season).

Does this make sense?

Sorry for the CAPS. I use them to emphasize, not yell.
Ok finally I get it. There are guys in MLB who actually arent on MLB, I moved them to AAA and walla. You are the man. Thanks for taking the time to explain this the right way. Hopefully others will read this that were havin an issue like I was.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »