Home

All-Time Franchise's Best Year Roster V.1

This is a discussion on All-Time Franchise's Best Year Roster V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #81
Pro

pjsnell10's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: All-Time Franchise's Best Year Roster V.1

During the seasons I've simmed, the bullpens from the older teams are dropping the ball quite bit. The '29 Cubs have been the whipping boy for everybody each year. '27 Yanks don't have too much (hitting) power behind the big two, and the pitching isn't really holding up. They're usually placing in 3rd or 4th in the division each year. It is what is though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 21

Yep...agreed. If the players are rated fairly and consistently I do believe we'll see more modern day teams prevailing.

I used to run into this when I was creating the classic old time teams for NFL2K5. I'd create the 62 Giants or 65 Browns or something, and then have to decide what to use as a ratings base. Should these older teams have their players rated slower, etc since they were not as fast or strong as today's teams? Probably yes. But most folks don't want the ratings to be as skewed as that might make them. For example, there is no way Charlie Conerly or Frank Ryan would put up the kind of numbers the QBs today do if they were playing against teams from the 80's, 90's and today. The linemen were about 225 or 250 pounds max and they would be pushed around by today's behemoths. It is a tough balance between realistic, fun gameplay and a "suspend disbelief" approach.

The same is true of this roster set to a certain degree. I think the physical nature of football makes it easier to calculate disparities, but would/could the players from the 20's, 30', 40's hit as well as they did against the fireballers of today? The field is more easily leveled in baseball, but I still believe there might be quite a disparity.

C
Old 08-19-2011, 08:09 PM   #83
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm actually doing a quick look over for each team, setting them up for season play and then playing a few innings, looking for errors along the way. So if there's gonna be a 1.2 you might want to wait.

A few other things I've caught:

-Lefty Grove on Oakland needs his batting/fielding attributes filled in.

-Oakland's shoes look strange. I guess the "Shoe Main Body Color" is locked to white, and you guys have set the rest to black. I suggest "Team Default" instead. Still actually looks kind of funny with team default, but less so.

-Angles need a back up catcher.

-Bengie Molina on the Angels looks kind of skinny. I don't know if he was that way back then. Looking at pictures it seems he's always had a bit of heft to him.

-For the As you have Mule Haas at 18 years old. Should be 27.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #84
Pro

pjsnell10's Arena

Thanks for all the observation and what not. Really gonna makes these rosters stand out.

I sent Bedwardsroy what I corrected earlier, I'm sure can pick up where I left off.

Of the things you said here, Jose Molina (no face glitch) was added to the Angels roster, along with Figgins, and F-Rod (no face glitch). I never thought his brother was ever that small, but his created player was set at 175, doesn't look right. A change would be good.

Didn't think about the A's cleats set to being white. Default gives them white shoes, guess it makes sense to go all white.

Grove ans Haas's stats are an easy fix.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #85
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

I'm through the AL. A few more things:

-The Ms could use a closer. Yeah they could have then too as that was that team's Achilles heel, but it still would probably be good to change Charlton or Slocumb to a CP.

-Jose Cruz Jr on the Ms has his batting gloves, right wrist band, and shoes all set to "Team Color 2". I played a game in throwback unis and it made all those things bright yellow. May wanna switch to team default instead.

-Also for Cruz Jr, even though he went on to play CF I'd switch him to left. He was seen... Finally... As a guy who could play next to Junior for a long time. That is, until they traded him in a vain attempt to find bullpen help.

Why did you have to choose the '97 team over '95?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 10:52 PM   #86
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Oh yeah, give Russ Davis on the Ms stance #91. He's another guy with a two handed finish, and that stance looks closer to his as well, compared to the one currently set.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:11 PM   #87
Pro

pjsnell10's Arena

I already replaced Cruz with Spoljaric for the M's.
I'll move Charlton and his 7.27 era to closer.
I'll change Davis' stance.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:38 AM   #88
Pro

OVR: 7

Im not looking at the game rite now, but I think you Garret Anderson listed at age 24 instead of being 30. Im not completely sure though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »