Home

2012 OSFM: Detroit Tigers

This is a discussion on 2012 OSFM: Detroit Tigers within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
Madden 25 Franchise Mode and Presentation Deep Dive
NBA 2K25 Gameplay Improvements, Trailer, News Release Schedule
EA Sports College Football 25 Review

Old 02-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: 2012 OSFM: Detroit Tigers

Purcey is not on my list of 40 nor on the Google Docs chart for that reason.

Karle
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle
Purcey is not on my list of 40 nor on the Google Docs chart for that reason.

Karle
However, Brendan Wise is on your list, but no longer with the Tigers. He signed with Minnesota.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #27
Pro

Ivanhoe's Arena

OVR: 4

Karle,
I have a few thoughts on the spreadsheet.
1. Daniel Fields- I wonder if he still deserves a "B" potential. I know he was young for Lakeland but he really hasn't done much. I thought maybe a "high C" potential might be more in line with his real abilities.

2.James McCann- I've read that he is considered to be a strong defensive catcher but that he can't hit to save his life. I thought a "low C" or even a "D" rating might be more accurate.

3.Eugenio Suarez and Aaron Westlake- Suarez might be worthy of a "B" rating in the long run, but Westlake only has one standout tool, his power. His hit tool is average and his defense isn't great. I thought he too might be a "C".

This is just a few thoughts. I may be way off but I thought I'd throw my two cents in.

I wondered if we might want to add a couple of players to the list:

Steven Moya-OF
His biggest and perhaps only tool is power. Tigertown rates his power as an 80 on the 20-80 scouting rating.

Endrys Briceno-P
He's a 20 year old, hard throwing reliever who may become a solid relief pitcher in the big leagues.

That's all I have. Let me know what you'd like me to do.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #28
Pro

Thank you for the information on Wise. I will delete him. If you get information on other players on my chart being released, please let me know. It is hard to stay on top of moves this time of year.

Karle
Old 02-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #29
Pro

Dear Ivanhoe,

Thank you for your message. Here is my response.

Fields, McCann and Westlake were given "B" ratings based solely on their high rankings in the various lists of Detroit's top prospects. I also agree that while Fields unspectacular performance at Lakeland in 2010 can be blamed on starting at such a high level, I too was expecting more out of him in 2011. This is in contrast to Gustavo Nunez who performed poorly in Lakeland in 2010 and did markedly better in 2011. What are the thoughts of the others regarding the "B" rankings for these players?

In regard to Moya and Briceno I will add them to the chart. However, the problem with the lower minor league players is one has a very limited number of slots for such players. After you deduct 75 spots for the majors, AAA and AA and a few others for the DL at all three levels one is left with only 10-12 slots for such prospects. This is too few to include all our favorites so inevitably some will have to be left out.

Karle
Old 03-01-2012, 05:39 AM   #30
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Excellent work Karle once again.

Ive looked through your lists and see no real glaring errors (i wasnt expecting to, you know your stuff), but i did have a couple of passing thoughts.

Drew Smyly - in 126 innings at Lakeland and Erie combined he only walked 36 batters, thats pinpoint control, he could maybe warrant a slightly higher bb/9 rating, maybe 75/76? Hes also only given up 2 Homeruns over those 126 innings, thats very impressive, to me hes a very under the radar prospect and could even make the big league club this year as a 5th starter (but i think they favour Turner or Below currently). His minor league numbers across the board far outshine Turners.

Is saying hes maybe worthy of only our 3rd A potential along with Turner and Castellanos, going too far? Your thoughts?
Old 03-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #31
Pro

Dear All,

Thank you for your messages.

Smyly is now an A. Knight has signed off on it.

I made some changes to Smyly's CAP per PsychoBulk's suggestions. I also deleted Wise and added Moya and Briceno to the chart. The prior link will bring you to the revised chart.

I think it was a big help this year being able to use the 2011 chart as a starting position. My plan is to use the chart for this year as the start for 2013. Thus, if we add a CAP for a player but do not get to use the player this year it may prove useful for 2013.

I believe the next step is to start creating CAPS for the 21 players that I mentioned in a previous message. I do suggest that each person mention which players they plan to do up front so that no two people spend time working on the same player. Then just post the information in this thread and I will add it to the chart. Ivanhoe, since I have your e-mail address I have made it possible for you to add your information directly into the Google Document.

I think we are in good shape with all this.

Karle

P.S. I plan to use the chart as a living document throughout the 2012 season and continue to update and refine it even after we complete the opening day roster in anticipation of 2013.

Last edited by Karle; 03-01-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #32
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Thanks Karle, ive got the new chart bookmarked now.

So, we need 21 players creating from scratch, between 4 of us thats 5,5,5,6.

As its my first time on this ill go with 5 if thats ok.

Ill take, totally at random...

Bootcheck
Ni
Berry
Thomas
Young

That sound ok?

By the way, there is a total of 22 players listed above by you Karle as needing CAPS creating, not 21?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »