Home

Give me a break!

This is a discussion on Give me a break! within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #25
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Give me a break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
That's what I figured.

He only blew that pitcher a kiss because he was previously thrown at and shown up by that pitcher. He was also thrown at by another pitcher on that team the day before. Most people don't know anything about that, though.

Also, I've never once heard him sound cocky or appear cocky and I've followed him very closely since 2009.

It's a shame that some people get these labels attached to them when there is really no logical reason for it.

There is a world of difference between being cocky and confident. Harper is nothing more than confident and he has every reason to be.
I have to disagree with you, he isnt just confident, it is at the level of cocky. All the interviews I've read about him he comes off as a real d-bag. He may not be but that's just the way he comes off.

And the pitchers throwing at him is NOT an excuse. Those pitchers are not the number 1 prospect, he is. Therefor he needs to present himself in a certain way because of the amount of people, especially kids look up to him. That is not how he should be acting, regaurdless of if pitchers are throwing at him or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2012, 01:33 AM   #26
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucs09
Reasonable except blocking. Sure he was a catcher in HS but now he's an outfielder. An 81 would make him one of the better catchers in all of MLB despite never even catching in the minors which would be absurd.
Just looking at the ratings, blocking should be in the 30s or so at the highest. Arm Accuracy should be 65-69, power from both sides should start off in the 70s (Like 78 vs. R, 72 vs. L) since based on power grades, only Giancarlo Stanton and Harper have an 80 in their Power grade from professional scouts.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:35 AM   #27
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKW11
I have to disagree with you, he isnt just confident, it is at the level of cocky. All the interviews I've read about him he comes off as a real d-bag. He may not be but that's just the way he comes off.

And the pitchers throwing at him is NOT an excuse. Those pitchers are not the number 1 prospect, he is. Therefor he needs to present himself in a certain way because of the amount of people, especially kids look up to him. That is not how he should be acting, regaurdless of if pitchers are throwing at him or not.
He has never appeared that way to me.

Also, I didn't say that it was an excuse.

For the record, he wasn't just thrown at by two of their pitchers. One of them stared him down and yelled something at him after the inning on his way back to the dugout.

People need to spend less time getting involved in and paying attention to the soap opera aspects that the infotainment media presents its watchers and readers with.

Last edited by Jason_19; 03-22-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:12 AM   #28
Pro

dbacks_Nation's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Riley Rocks
word that's the one I downloaded

looks just like him
Holy crap, that's perfect.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:08 AM   #29
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacks_Nation
Holy crap, that's perfect.
Sweet ! Glad u guys like it!

Im user clk44 btw lol
Old 03-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #30
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
He has never appeared that way to me.

Also, I didn't say that it was an excuse.

For the record, he wasn't just thrown at by two of their pitchers. One of them stared him down and yelled something at him after the inning on his way back to the dugout.

People need to spend less time getting involved in and paying attention to the soap opera aspects that the infotainment media presents its watchers and readers with.
Still not an excuse for him to act that way. I mean you have you're opinion and I have mine. In my opinion he is a big d-bag.

Here's one of the interviews that I've read that, in my opinion, substantiates the fact that he's a d-bag.

http://www.gq.com/sports/guides/2012...seball-preview
Old 03-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #31
Rookie

Tarheelz50's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFlu
Wouldn't it be nice if you could give him a douchbag attitude like he really has, too?
he has a douchbag attitude. ive met him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #32
Rookie

MikeFlu's Arena

OVR: 20

Well, everyone except one person who has replied to this thread, probably a relative , agrees that he has some growing up to do at the very least. I think that pretty much sums up the opinion of the sports fan world.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »