Home

2012 Transaction / Injury /DL EditsThread

This is a discussion on 2012 Transaction / Injury /DL EditsThread within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 2012 Transaction / Injury /DL EditsThread

and now I have a question of my own...

as mentioned I play the franchise out with injuries on so that injuries will happen randomly after opening day. a couple of teams are at they're injury limit (if you try to manually injure these players the game won't let you). will this also effect the injuries happening with the Injuries option ON? so that the teams at the limit won't get players hurt no matter what happens?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2012, 03:03 AM   #82
Rookie

Halara's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSfan093
Ok, so i'm wondering what i should do. I want to run my franchise with one team, and update all injuries up until opening day. then i want to let my franchise play out. I have no problem using 30 team control, but the problem is that these injuries are longer than they are IRL on purpose. but i don't want to be removing any injuries or doing anything like that past opening day. if i use these injuries though i'll have guys that will be out way longer than they should. what should i do?
I'm just about finished putting together a new franchise file that's tailored more towards this sort of play. Injuries, for players that have already come off the DL are accurate and players still on the DL have estimates, unfortunately sometimes they may be drastically off. There is a range between 70 days and 128 that you cannot select with any of the injury options so I had to flip a coin on for guys who fell in that area. The franchise file is setup to not force trades, obey budgets, etc. You can set up two profiles, one with everything set to auto and one for your team that would have everything set to manual. People will need to set their profiles on opening day however they want them, everything will be set to manual to start out so folks can do their financials and what not. Probably have it available in the next couple of days. At this point I just need to set lineups and rotations and add the additional players to the 40 man rosters. I did not release any players this time around. This new franchise file uses the OSFM V3 rosters. You could either set injuries to be automated from this point on or you could play it like you do the first file, it just depends on how you setup your profiles. Personally i'm going to injure players as they happen and let the AI handle everything else for teams that are not my own.

-Hal
Old 05-13-2012, 03:07 AM   #83
Rookie

Halara's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazza
and now I have a question of my own...

as mentioned I play the franchise out with injuries on so that injuries will happen randomly after opening day. a couple of teams are at they're injury limit (if you try to manually injure these players the game won't let you). will this also effect the injuries happening with the Injuries option ON? so that the teams at the limit won't get players hurt no matter what happens?
I believe that is the case, although I'm not sure. I would assume the injury limit effect the CPU injuries as well. See the post just about this one about the new franchise file, you might find that one more appealing as the injuries are not intentionally set to go long. With injury limits I took those teams at the limit (I think only Boston and the Yankees) and injured the 5 players with the highest overall rating. The other players will be placed on the 40 man roster (unless they're on 60-Day DL)
Old 05-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #84
Rookie

That's great news Halara! When do you think you will have the new franchise file done?
Old 05-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #85
Rookie

OSfan093's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halara
I'm just about finished putting together a new franchise file that's tailored more towards this sort of play. Injuries, for players that have already come off the DL are accurate and players still on the DL have estimates, unfortunately sometimes they may be drastically off. There is a range between 70 days and 128 that you cannot select with any of the injury options so I had to flip a coin on for guys who fell in that area. The franchise file is setup to not force trades, obey budgets, etc. You can set up two profiles, one with everything set to auto and one for your team that would have everything set to manual. People will need to set their profiles on opening day however they want them, everything will be set to manual to start out so folks can do their financials and what not. Probably have it available in the next couple of days. At this point I just need to set lineups and rotations and add the additional players to the 40 man rosters. I did not release any players this time around. This new franchise file uses the OSFM V3 rosters. You could either set injuries to be automated from this point on or you could play it like you do the first file, it just depends on how you setup your profiles. Personally i'm going to injure players as they happen and let the AI handle everything else for teams that are not my own.

-Hal
ok, so this file will be realistic enough injury wise, so that if i don't touch anything after opening day, it will for the most part play out correctly? if this is the case, i would definately use this, but what i personally would do is just put all the injuries and lineups you make into my own franchise, because i have a different roster based on v4 that i want to use. so i would highly appreciate that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #86
Rookie

Halara's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSfan093
ok, so this file will be realistic enough injury wise, so that if i don't touch anything after opening day, it will for the most part play out correctly? if this is the case, i would definately use this, but what i personally would do is just put all the injuries and lineups you make into my own franchise, because i have a different roster based on v4 that i want to use. so i would highly appreciate that
Unfortunately I didn't take the time to jot down all of the injuries and how long this time around. There are gaps in how long you can injure people as well, for example there are no options to injure anyone between 71 days and 127 days so I flipped a coin on players that were expected to return in taht amount of time. There's no perfect answer for getting a franchise right as far as injuries go, either you overshoot everyone and manually uninjure them or you have to deal with mistakes. I'd be happy to send you the list of players that need to be injured before opening day but you'd have to look up their estimated return times and put that stuff in manually if you wanted it to work with a V4 roster.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #87
Rookie

Halara's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazza
That's great news Halara! When do you think you will have the new franchise file done?
I stayed up after writing that and did the rotations. I'd say it's going to be a 2-3 days yet, to be on the safe side. I'll be working on 40 man and lineups tonight which is all I have left. Somebody the last time around had volunteered to do lineups, I can easily make it through the 40-man stuff tonight and if someone wanted to work on lineups tomorrow during they day, I have no problem handing off the file to a helper.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #88
Rookie

OSfan093's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halara
Unfortunately I didn't take the time to jot down all of the injuries and how long this time around. There are gaps in how long you can injure people as well, for example there are no options to injure anyone between 71 days and 127 days so I flipped a coin on players that were expected to return in taht amount of time. There's no perfect answer for getting a franchise right as far as injuries go, either you overshoot everyone and manually uninjure them or you have to deal with mistakes. I'd be happy to send you the list of players that need to be injured before opening day but you'd have to look up their estimated return times and put that stuff in manually if you wanted it to work with a V4 roster.
Well what i meant was that i had planned on loading up your franchise file whenever you finish it, then going into it and seeing which players are injured, and for how long. and also the lineups and rotations. and i can just take pictures of those things on my phone, then start a franchise of my own and implement those things. So basically using your franchise file with my own rosters. that's why i was saying i'd love it if you made a franchise file like that.

And i know that its not perfect with the injury gaps and such, but i'm not looking for perfect. "accurate" is way better than nothing. and i've been waiting forever to start my franchise, i might as well get it right. As soon as you release your file and i get the injuries and lineups in, i'm home free. thanks for all the hard work

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »