Home

MLB 14 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2014 Opening Day Edition Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2014 Opening Day Edition Available Now within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #449
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 14 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2014 Opening Day Edition Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by wka759
This might make me look like an idiot. Everybody seems familiar with this, I just recently discovered it. I have been doing this myself for years. Anyway, how does one actually download the rosters to the game?
One of two ways.

1 - Roster Vault in-game
2 - Download to a flash/thumbdrive and copy to your PS3

Details for either method on first post.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:55 PM   #450
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 14 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2014 Opening Day Edition Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
You can also just change it from none to a name if it's desired as well. Editing the names in that way isn't something I'm going to spend time on when creating players. If other people want to that is fine, but like I said Knight posted saying that he preferred that people didn't put incorrect names that sound close and I think he said he was going to change a lot of then for v2.
I'm not telling anyone what to do, just saying what I prefer and would do. I want to have some recognition of who the player is, and a name, specifically a close sounding name, gives me the mindset to know.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:10 PM   #451
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I think Knight and many other roster editors prefer to either have the name correct or not at all. Holt might be close to Olt, but I'd rather it be blank than hear the wrong name every time. It's a personal preference, but for OSFM I think the preference is to have the name correct or blank. Unless it sounds exactly correct.
Thats fine by me, they make the roster so they should do it how they prefer it. Its no big deal to me to go in an make changes as I see fit fo rmy personal franchise. Its the least I can do, considering they did all the hard work of making the roster.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 12:38 AM   #452
MVP

Totte's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Question for you all and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I am a casual baseball fan so I do not know the ins and outs of rosters like many of you. However, I am starting a franchise and would like the roster to be as accurate as possible.

I have followed the steps for making multiple profiles and controlling 30 teams to ensure rosters aren't moved around much in pre-season.

My primary concern is that I heard that some starting players who are injured are put to 1A where they cannot come back to the majors. I would like to go in and manually set these players back to MLB so that they are used by CPU teams.

Is there a list of all starters (or should be starters) that knight moved to 1A so I can easily move them back up? Also, how can I see a players injury status in the player management screen? Or did knight not list them as injured but simply put them in 1A.

Lastly, why won't the CPU recognize a player in 1A should be on the 40 man roster? Does this mean that players will never be moved up divisions when under CPU control?

Thanks for any advice gentleman!!

There's not a list as far as I know but if you go to single A in each organization, the players that should be in the majors are usually rated higher. Before starting a franchise, go through each organization and promote them to the majors. Bump someone down from MLB > A (easiest) or demote someone from MLB>AAA>AA>A for somewhat more accuracy.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:52 AM   #453
MVP

OVR: 15

Thank you for the reply.

I am curious, why does the CPU not immediately pick up that a high rated player is in 1A and move them to the MLB roster? (Is this a glitch?)

Does the Show allow for CPU controlled teams to move players around the roster accordingly? (1A>2A>3A>MLB)
Old 05-15-2014, 06:02 AM   #454
MVP

Totte's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
I am curious, why does the CPU not immediately pick up that a high rated player is in 1A and move them to the MLB roster? (Is this a glitch?)
In franchise mode, the CPU should do that no later than spring training turning into the regular season. That's basically when the CPU sets it's roster and players are being placed on waivers.

Quote:
Does the Show allow for CPU controlled teams to move players around the roster accordingly? (1A>2A>3A>MLB)

Yes
Old 05-15-2014, 04:01 PM   #455
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Thank you for the reply.

As long as I can remember it has always taken a player from AAA to the majors if a injury occurred even if a higher rated player happens to be in AA or A.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #456
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

So which roster will provide me with the least amount of weirdness if I start a franchise ot RTTS with it? I'm not looking to utilise 30 team control; only controlling 1 team and its affiliates. Is the V2 roster the way to go or the -25?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »