Home

MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster - V1 Release

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster - V1 Release within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 03:43 AM   #97
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: OSFM Hybrid Roster - V1 Release

ILFT and I are about 350 pitchers in. We'll continue to go until we can't go anymore. We'll give you plenty of updates.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:55 AM   #98
Pro

Mattchu12's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
ILFT and I are about 350 pitchers in. We'll continue to go until we can't go anymore. We'll give you plenty of updates.
You guys are awesome.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:28 AM   #99
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Looking forward to using these tomorrow!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2014, 04:36 AM   #100
Pro

Mattchu12's Arena

So I've been testing out some sliders, these have gotten me anywhere between 5 guys to over 10 guys hitting over .300. Start with the sliders at five each and then adjust accordingly:

Human Contact - 6
Human Power - 7
Human Solid Hits - 6
Human Starter Stamina - 7
Human Reliever Stamina - 2

CPU Contact - 7
CPU Power - 6
CPU Timing - 7
CPU Solid Hits - 7
CPU Starter Stamina - 7
CPU Reliever Stamina - 2

CPU Pitcher Control - 4
CPU Pitcher Consistency - 4
CPU Strike Frequency - 4
CPU Manager Hook - 7

Baserunner Speed - 6

Not a perfect world, but definitely a start. I've tinkered a bit more but haven't gotten very different results. I had one test season where there were about 15 guys batting over .300, and then the next test just 5 or 6, so who knows for sure. It's almost always around 20-25 guys hitting over .290 though, so that's kind of nice.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:00 AM   #101
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Anybody that's played a few games think that baserunner speed slider mustbedropped some? Every infield Grgrounder is extremely close in the few games I played, with some getting beat out. It's nice to see some getting beat out but not easy routine rollers to infielders I mean Greg Dobbs almost beat out a couple to short. I would think this would also almost eliminate throwing guys out after diving stops.

Also steals were crazy effective for both me and cpu.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2014, 05:08 AM   #102
Pro

Mattchu12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
Anybody that's played a few games think that baserunner speed slider mustbedropped some? Every infield Grgrounder is extremely close in the few games I played, with some getting beat out. It's nice to see some getting beat out but not easy routine rollers to infielders I mean Greg Dobbs almost beat out a couple to short. I would think this would also almost eliminate throwing guys out after diving stops.

Also steals were crazy effective for both me and cpu.
Admittedly, I only played a couple games with the sliders I posted, and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, but that could be in order if it's indeed an issue. My thought was giving them a slight bump might leg out a few more infield singles to give a few more of those leadoff speedster guys a chance at a .300 batting average since it's apparently such a big deal.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:09 AM   #103
Just started!

Anyone have a download for those without access to the Vault? It would be much appreciated.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:12 AM   #104
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
First off there are 1500 players on this roster - or somewhere around there - there is bound to be the odd thing missed. We will take suggestions to fix and go back and look at the roster - that I promise.

When I get the roster back from the pitch edits, I will look at the fielding again and try to make fair adjustments based on what everyone is noticing. Abreu because he did not play last year had no fielding stats so he may have been missed

Willard
Had the chance to dabble for a few hours with this set and I have to say, it's a killer set. It's really amazing. The error rate is really low and I'm almost speechless. Little things that you might not notice (like removal of duplicate Jordany Valdespins) unless you're paying real close attention have all gone into countless hours of work. Kudos to you guys once again!!

To help with getting a more polished set with the pitch edits release upcoming, I thought I'd start consolidating the requests for corrections in this thread that I've seen as well as some of my own observations...(you guys have been working hard on these for a month and all we do is whine, lol ). Now mind you, these suggestions are completely ignorant of any algorithms you may be using to turn stats into ratings, but these changes should positively impact the roster as a whole.

Yasiel Puig needs large boost to throwing arm (maybe overall defense too)
Nolan Arenado needs large boost to all defensive attributes
Juan Lagares needs large boost to all defensive attributes (the guy is always on Sports Center)
Mason Williams B/T handedness are reversed
Marcus Semien is a bit too studly in sims...I'd recommend decrease to contract/power
Avisail Garcia needs his contact lowered (contact > 75 is for elites looking at other guys)
Nick Castellanos needs his contact lowered (contact > 75 is for elites looking at other guys)
Eric Hosmer needs his contact lowered (contact > 75 is for elites looking at other guys)
JP Arencibia I think you know...ahem, contact should be lowered
Bobby Abreu all attributes seem inflated (2002 version??)
Anthony Rizzo could use a small boost to vision/discipline
Darwin Barney needs contact lowered by about 15
Kris Bryant should have power comparable to Sano, Baez etc.. but is rated 20 points lower. Bryant could also use a slight contact bump. This Kris Bryant resembles Ty Wigginton more than Bryant, lol
Javy Baez hate to say this as a Cubs fan, but his power is too high by 5-10 points, he's too fast (87), and his arm strength needs a boost
Aroldis Chapman should be maxed on K/9, velo. Is only registering 9-10 K/9 in sims...should be closer to 15.
DJ LeMahieu needs his contact lowered (contact > 75 is for elites looking at other guys)
Dee Gordon needs his contact lowered (contact > 75 is for elites looking at other guys)
Andrew Cashner should probably receive a velo boost from 82
Mike Morse needs contact/power boost
Jonathan Singleton needs contact/power boost. Most advanced 1B prospect in baseball only has 49/39 contact.
Domingo Tapia could use velo boost from 68
Joey Gallo needs slight power decrease (his power is the highest in the whole roster set...more than Davis, Stanton, or Miggy...and he's yet to see an MLB pitch), needs boost in contact. He Ks a lot but not the low BA that people think.
Jean Segura needs his contact lowered (contact > 75 is for elites looking at other guys)
Derek Jeter his fielding is very slightly too high
Yangervis Solarte needs vision/discipline boost, small power boost
Dellin Betances is probably the most improved player in baseball, needs massive K/9, H/9, BB/9 increases
Brian Dozier needs power boost

I'm sure I didn't catch everything, so please suggest things that I may have missed to help Willard and Co. out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »