Home

My Personal FRANCHISE sliders

This is a discussion on My Personal FRANCHISE sliders within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-11-2009, 05:54 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: My Personal FRANCHISE sliders

I've been playing on Veteran default since the game came out and I think the game plays pretty well out of box. I wanted to try some sliders just to see if it made the game any better. I settled on yours and I must say that I didn't like them. I know it was only two games but those two games werer really weird.

Game 1: Cardinals (me) @ Mariners

R H E

Cards 3 9 1
M's 12 17 0

I scored on 1 hr by Ankiel and a RBI single by Ludwick

The M's however pounded Wainwright. Overall I gave up 3 Hr's, 3 doubles and 4 triples.

Game 2: Yankees (me) @ Rockies

R H E

Yankees 5 11 1

Rockies 11 16 1

Gave up back to back to back triples in the first inning. (Off Chamberlan) Total for the game was 6. Gave up 2 doubles and 3 Hr's

So in two games the cpu scored 23 times with 33 hits. 10 triples, 4 doubles and 6 Hr's. I use classic pitching and API. I always pitch where the catcher tells me to pitch.

I don't mind losing but I really felt like the cpu cheated. It felt like my outfielders were running in quicksand. They couldn't cut off any ball that was hit in the gap. On default veteran I was 6-4 and never gave up more than 5 runs in a game and only gave up 1 triple. I don't know what happened when using your sliders but I so far I don't like them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2009, 06:12 PM   #26
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

i know what ur saying... i have really noticed fielder spped, im personally going to raise it up to 4. and i dunno why but cpu hits alot of HRs even with their sliders all at zero. but try moving fielder speed to at least 4, default prolly even is ok.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #27
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
i know what ur saying... i have really noticed fielder spped, im personally going to raise it up to 4. and i dunno why but cpu hits alot of HRs even with their sliders all at zero. but try moving fielder speed to at least 4, default prolly even is ok.
The HR's are ridiculous, I have the CPU power to 0 and they still pound out bombs consistently no matter who's sliders I use or what difficulty I'm on. It seems like that's the only way they score on me, and if its late in the game and I haven't let one up yet, I know one is coming and sure enough 9 out of 10 times they hit a HR the next inning. Its very frustrating
Old 03-11-2009, 08:44 PM   #28
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

IMO the cpu HRs are ridiculous, I agree. It all has to due to the aki comeback feature being brokn. if u notice, they usually hit them when they're losing, matching ur runs, and eventually beat u in the late innings cuz of it. this gammme sucks now! ya i said it... 6.5/10 rating from me now cuz olf this.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:23 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 38

Sounds like your getting there Trin
My only suggestion is to try to make the cpu pitching a bit harder so when you get better it evens out .
I will try a game Thursday and shoot you back my thoughts , are you getting any throwing errors ?
Old 03-12-2009, 03:07 AM   #30
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

thanks!, b4 u try it, i need to edit them tho. are u blowing ai out at all? or all games decided by 1 or 2 runs? 7 of 8 on my season were. only one that wasnt, i lost 1-7.

i was up 4-0 one gm in 8th. cliff lee throwing 1 hitter. of course tho, it wouldnt be mlb 09 if they didnt make it close. they homered in 8th to make it 4-2. i managed to hang on but still?? a 1 hitter? pitch count was low, and prolly has best stamina on game for sp's
Old 03-13-2009, 10:19 AM   #31
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

OVR: 4

Trinity, don't give up on us! I just played a series in Colorado and I won (using your sliders!!) 18-1, 10-2, 13-4, I was afraid that I was going to have to quit because the game was getting too easy. Then I head to SF and I'm up 4-1 in the 8th and BOOM, the Giants magically come back and win it 5-4 (big shocker!!). At that point I'm angry again, but the next game I win 2-1!!!!! with my closer getting the save.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #32
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Haha, not giving up... i dont believe there is a comeback code, but theres something there.m Im rtunning test now. Purposely allowed Indians to start game 10-0.m switched over to them to see if it holds. i did fine in exibitions, trying season games now. However i think whatever it is may not kick in when lead is so high. cuz first test gm i made it 7-0. final was 8p-5. so after this gm im testing now(10-0). I'll do 7-0 again

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »