Home

Hitting sliders

This is a discussion on Hitting sliders within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8
Hitting sliders

Hey guys I have a question for anyone who has a good handle on how the sliders in this game work. I'm playing a franchise with the Angels this year and have found that after about a few weeks into the season my team's HR totals seem too high. Team and individual BA, RBI, walk, K, and other hitting stats are good but HRs seem too prevalent for me. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions too early into the season but I figured I'd ask anyway since I've never been able to hit this many HRs on a consistent basis in this game before (btw I almost never use power swing).

My problem is this: after about 15 games my team has hit 25 HRs I think. I made a good set of sliders that work really well for gameplay other than the power numbers my team puts up. The hitting is on All-Star level and I have the user power slider all the way down to 0 and still I hit more HRs than I think this team should (IRL the Angels have 24 HR thru 26 games this yr). Since I like the way my sliders work for All-Star level, my question is whether there are other slider adjustments I could make (such as raising pitch speed or lowering solid hits or user contact) that might lower the rate I hit HR on All-Star without doing too much to change other hitting stats since they are fine. Or do I need to raise my hitting level to HOF, in which case would I also need to readjust sliders accordingly for that level of play? If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them. Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2010, 10:53 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Hitting sliders

you're averaging 1.67 homeruns per game, which isn't THAT high for a 15 game stretch..at least not high enough to be worried.

considering everything else satisfies you, i wouldn't get into slideritis and start tweaking.

Currently Toronto, Chicago, and Boston all have been hitting homeruns at a 1.3-1.6 clip as well, through 25 games.

Just stick with it...who knows, the next 15 games you might only hit 8 and then want to look to bump the power.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:03 PM   #3
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

Thanks for the response Paris. As I said yeah it might be too early to worry about it but its just strange that I've never been good at hitting HRs and now all of a sudden its like BAM I'm leading the majors in the category haha. But I will take your advice and sweat it out some more and see what happens. What I don't get is that even without using power swing HRs seem pretty effortless. Anyway for now I'll leave it alone and maybe everything will even itself out. Thanks man
Old 05-02-2010, 11:10 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburke2
Thanks for the response Paris. As I said yeah it might be too early to worry about it but its just strange that I've never been good at hitting HRs and now all of a sudden its like BAM I'm leading the majors in the category haha. But I will take your advice and sweat it out some more and see what happens. What I don't get is that even without using power swing HRs seem pretty effortless. Anyway for now I'll leave it alone and maybe everything will even itself out. Thanks man
if you do want to tweak, you have several options. You can turn down Timing to make it a little harder to time it perfectly (which can lead to less homeruns). You can also turn down Contact to affect your plate coverage and ability to make good contact (which can lead to less homeruns), or you can turn down Solid Hits but if your physical timing and user skill with the L stick is high enough, you will still hit them out.

Just depends.....I would personally wait it out a couple more games and play at least a month (30 or so games).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »