Home

"CRMS Sliders" Timing/Vet/All-Star Fun! Realistic! Variety!

This is a discussion on "CRMS Sliders" Timing/Vet/All-Star Fun! Realistic! Variety! within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
"CRMS Sliders" Timing/Vet/All-Star Fun! Realistic! Variety!

If you look at the these sliders, you might think I'm crazy, but they work.
You will have to work on the mound and for HR's.

A a great variety of hits. The home runs are down. The balance between fly balls, grounders and line drives etc... seem about right.

(optional I guess)
1. Zoom your batter view to the the knees are or just below the strike zone. I can see from the top of the bat to about the shins.
2. Pitch from a zoomed camera above the pitcher. I can see the name on the back of my pitcher at the bottom of the screen.

These sliders give a great variety of games, hits, k's, HR's, SB, errors, doubles, triples etc... They just feel like baseball and its fun to play the game win or lose.

I started with every slider at "zero" played a ton of games until the game felt right.

I really like how the Starting pitcher is gassed between 80 and 100 pitches depending on his stamina. The CPU Manger is great at zero. I have even seen a few CPU batters be way out in front of the off speed stuff. Plus I'm drawing walks and only striking out 3-9 times a game depending on how good the CPU pitcher is.

I'm not looking for negative feedback. I like these sliders and I'm having a blast playing this game. These may work for you or they may not. I just wanted to share.

These sliders will be in the vault as CRMS Sliders
Simulation
Balanced

(any setting or slider not listed is your preference)
Hitting
Veteran
Timing
Guess Pitch - off
Base running - Assist
Pitching
All-Star
Meter
Fielding
Throwing Int -Buttons
Throwing meter - OFF

General
Ump Balls and Strikes - off
Ump Close Plays - off
Check Swings - on
Sliders
H C-3
H P-2
H T-3
H SD-0
H FF-0
H SH-5
H SS-1
H RS-0
HP PCont-0
HP PConsis-0
CPU C-6
CPU P-2
CPU T-6
CPU FF-0
CPU SH-5
CPU SS-1
CPU RS-0
CPU PC-0
CPU PConsis-0
CPU SF-2
CPU MH-3
CPU Picks-6
PS-0
FE-0
TE-0
FRS-0
FR-0
FRS-0
BS-3
BSA-0
BSF-7
Wind-3

Last edited by RCMSfan77; 04-07-2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Changes are in red.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: "CRMS Sliders" Timing/Vet/All-Star Fun! Realistic! Variety!

I'll try these tomorrow and see how they work.

As a bit of criticism off the bat, I find that using the umpire zones adds a leve of realism back into the game. If I know it's going to be a pitch on the corner and I know it's going to be a ball, it's no fun because I'll just take it. Having the ump be a douche and call it actually makes me laugh and alter my tactics. Consequently, using API alters their tactics as well.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
Rookie

With the zones off the ump's still miss calls on the corners,up or down in the zone. With the variable strike zone on they are worse than little league umps.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
Rookie

I made some changes to the sliders. The power,speed, pitches thrown for balls and wind were just a little low. The changes are in red.

Any feedback that makes the game better with these sliders and settings is welcomed.

I uploaded the new sliders to the vault.

CRMS Sliders
Old 03-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I going to try these. it looks like your going with the old madden sliders at 0 which is more player attributes than sliders. are you getting close to mlb avg. like. 255 avg, 2 homers per game, ect. or are these more based off a fun level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
Rookie

When I say fun, I mean simulation. I've had a few two home run games and many with zero. The game is playing more like 2012 MLB and not the juiced years.
It does feel like the attributes matter more with these sliders and settings.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I tried you sliders and it was a great game. a lot of single only one homer. I will post a box score later. I only have to say is great. by the way I lost the game in the top of the 9 th and couldn't do anything in the bottom.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Are you all crazy? These sliders favor the CPU in almost every way. Their hitting sliders have never meant anything so i ignore them all together. In 5 games with these sliders i think i saw about a dozen times where the CPU went first to third or second to home on balls that were hit right at an outfielder and in no league would anyone get 2 bags on the hit. They steal pretty much at will even if the teams has no legit base stealers.

PSN: I-JayDee-I

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »