Home

In-Game Injuries

This is a discussion on In-Game Injuries within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2014, 07:11 AM   #17
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: In-Game Injuries

Wanted to bump this thread with my findings for MLB 14.

I did some testing of the injury slider for simmed games in franchise mode. Last year I found that Injuries at 10 produced the most realistic amount of days on the DL per team compared to the MLB average. People assume from all the pop-ups you get that it is extreme, but I found it is much more realistic than using Injuries 5, and still not quite enough to emulate the amount of injuries in real life but it is as close as you can get.

According to this page: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2010-...m-information/ and http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2010-...position-data/ The average amount of DL days per team is 900-1000 days per season with about 3/4ths of that time going to Pitchers on the DL.

This was the results from setting my Injury slider to 10 and simulating a full season as the Mets:

Duda 2-3 Month 90
D Arnaud 1-2 Month 60
Torres few days 2
Niese 6 Month 180
Colon 1-2 Month 60
Young Jr Few Days 2
Young Jr 1 Week 7
LaGares few days 2
Davis few days 2
Teagarden 1-2 Month 60
Wright few days 2
Davis few days 2
Gee few days 2
Duda few days 2
Davis few days 2
Wright few days 2
Gee 3-4 weeks 28
Young Jr. 2-3 Months 90
Young 1-2 Month 60
Granderson few days 2
Duda 2-3 Weeks 21

about 678 days on the DL.

I recommend if you want the most realistic amount of injuries that when you simulate the CPU vs CPU games as well as any of your own that you set Injuries to 10. I have a slider file named 'Simulation' where I put everything at 5 except Injuries 10 that I load before simming, then if I play a game myself I load my offline settings beforehand.

As for what slider to use in-game during gameplay I haven't narrowed that down yet. I would like to see around 1 or 2 injuries per 7 games but I have to play more to see what Injury slider would get me that result. Right now I feel 5 is too low so I am testing 7.

Last edited by BrianU; 04-14-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:56 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU

I did some testing of the injury slider for simmed games in franchise mode. Last year I found that Injuries at 10 produced the most realistic amount of days on the DL per team compared to the MLB average. People assume from all the pop-ups you get that it is extreme, but I found it is much more realistic than using Injuries 5, and still not quite enough to emulate the amount of injuries in real life but it is as close as you can get.

According to this page: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2013-...ist-team-data/ The average amount of DL days per team is 900-1000 days per season with about 3/4ths of that time going to Pitchers on the DL.

This was the results from setting my Injury slider to 10 and simulating a full season as the Mets:

Duda 2-3 Month 90
D Arnaud 1-2 Month 60
Torres few days 2
Niese 6 Month 180
Colon 1-2 Month 60
Young Jr Few Days 2
Young Jr 1 Week 7
LaGares few days 2
Davis few days 2
Teagarden 1-2 Month 60
Wright few days 2
Davis few days 2
Gee few days 2
Duda few days 2
Davis few days 2
Wright few days 2
Gee 3-4 weeks 28
Young Jr. 2-3 Months 90
Young 1-2 Month 60
Granderson few days 2
Duda 2-3 Weeks 21

I recommend if you want the most realistic amount of injuries that when you simulate the CPU vs CPU games as well as any of your own that you set Injuries to 10. I have a slider file named 'Simulation' where I put everything at 5 except Injuries 10 that I load before simming, then if I play a game myself I load my offline settings beforehand.

As for what slider to use in-game during gameplay I haven't narrowed that down yet. I would like to see around 1 or 2 injuries per 7 games but I have to play more to see what Injury slider would get me that result. Right now I feel 5 is too low so I am testing 7.
Kudos and excellent work !! I think that injuries in-game occur less frequently at 10 then simulating games at 10. Just my guess.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Curious about this as well. I have logged about 75 games thus far, most with injuries @ default, and probably 25 with them at 7.

In all those games, I saw 2 in-game injuries, one to a catcher after a throw to 2nd, and once to Brandon Phillips after a diving attempt at a ball. That seems way skewed to me.

Heroes, have you made any solid discoveries this year on this topic?
Old 04-13-2014, 12:37 PM   #20
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Nothing solid.

15 games with it at 6 and off the top of my head I've had 2 in game injuries for me and 2 for the CPU.

I've had I think 5 minor leaguers get hurt with the same setting simming.

This is all ballpark estimates though.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:39 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Nothing solid.

15 games with it at 6 and off the top of my head I've had 2 in game injuries for me and 2 for the CPU.

I've had I think 5 minor leaguers get hurt with the same setting simming.

This is all ballpark estimates though.
I noticed that A&S has the value at 8, I believe, which I'm also trying.

I've found that minor league injuries always seem to happen while summing; it's just the in-game ones that seem absent to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I noticed that A&S has the value at 8, I believe, which I'm also trying.

I've found that minor league injuries always seem to happen while summing; it's just the in-game ones that seem absent to me.

I had 35 games with it at 8. I had 0 injuries and the cpu had 2 I believe. Plenty of injuries in the minors like you said. I'm trying it at 6 just to see if that produces anything.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:57 PM   #23
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

I am 15 games into my reds season with injuries at default.
I have seen 3 CPU players get hurt in game and I have had 2. Seems pretty much right on to me.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:55 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU

According to this page: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2013-...ist-team-data/ The average amount of DL days per team is 900-1000 days per season with about 3/4ths of that time going to Pitchers on the DL.

Duda 2-3 Month 90
D Arnaud 1-2 Month 60
Torres few days 2
Niese 6 Month 180
Colon 1-2 Month 60
Young Jr Few Days 2
Young Jr 1 Week 7
LaGares few days 2
Davis few days 2
Teagarden 1-2 Month 60
Wright few days 2
Davis few days 2
Gee few days 2
Duda few days 2
Davis few days 2
Wright few days 2
Gee 3-4 weeks 28
Young Jr. 2-3 Months 90
Young 1-2 Month 60
Granderson few days 2
Duda 2-3 Weeks 21

for your research on fangraphs is that only mlb DL days or the whole organization? my computer wouldnt open the page so i dont know. also how is the testing for the injury slider at 7?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »