Home

Armor & Sword's/Marino's MLB 14 The Show Timed/Classic Sim Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's/Marino's MLB 14 The Show Timed/Classic Sim Sliders within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #345
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino's MLB 14 The Show Timed/Classic Sim Style & QC Sliders

Is there any reason you can see these sliders would not work with tottes hybrid roster set? I noticed in Willard's thread the sliders he is using for the hybrid rosters have some significant differences mainly human pitcher control and consistency raised to 7 and 8. I'm also noticing that my outfielders seem sluggish at getting the ball back in. I have only played a few games so small sample size. Also wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes to these sliders and rosters they really change the game. New member here by the way, 1st post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2014, 11:42 PM   #346
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino's MLB 14 The Show Timed/Classic Sim Style & QC Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadreFan84
Is there any reason you can see these sliders would not work with tottes hybrid roster set? I noticed in Willard's thread the sliders he is using for the hybrid rosters have some significant differences mainly human pitcher control and consistency raised to 7 and 8. I'm also noticing that my outfielders seem sluggish at getting the ball back in. I have only played a few games so small sample size. Also wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes to these sliders and rosters they really change the game. New member here by the way, 1st post.
It's very possible these may not be compatible with rosters that are tweaked heavily. I use these with OSFM V2.0 (opening day set) and also use them with 1984, 1994 and 1996 thus far with no issues.

As far as opening up the CPU's offense I agree with Hero's...click up the CPU contact to 6. If you want to open your hitting up as well turn up contact to 6 as well.

Human pitching is more powerful this year due to the CPU chasing more pitches (which I love BTW they really tuned that well for 14).
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-25-2014, 02:48 PM   #347
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
It's very possible these may not be compatible with rosters that are tweaked heavily. I use these with OSFM V2.0 (opening day set) and also use them with 1984, 1994 and 1996 thus far with no issues.

As far as opening up the CPU's offense I agree with Hero's...click up the CPU contact to 6. If you want to open your hitting up as well turn up contact to 6 as well.

Human pitching is more powerful this year due to the CPU chasing more pitches (which I love BTW they really tuned that well for 14).
Definitely. And to those worrying about a drastic drop-off in K's, don't. Mine are surprisingly up! LOL! I think I may be trying harder.

And again, if that one change doesn't cut it, don't be afraid to drop your Consistency a click if you feel like you command the zone too often. And Solid Hits a click up too if the quality of their hits don't get a good as you want.

Contact is a great starting point and saved the game for me.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #348
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino's MLB 14 The Show Timed/Classic Sim Sliders

Some updates. It has been a while, but these are changes that have boosted the CPU offense and made pitching even more of a challenge.

One click up to 6 on CPU contact, power and timing.

One click down on human pitching consistency to 3.

I hav played many games and noticed a nice boost of CPU offense for the better. Fear of elite hitters is now in full force. Also your more vunerable to mistake pitches.
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-04-2014, 12:13 PM   #349
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Some updates. It has been a while, but these are changes that have boosted the CPU offense and made pitching even more of a challenge.

One click up to 6 on CPU contact, power and timing.

One click down on human pitching consistency to 3.

I hav played many games and noticed a nice boost of CPU offense for the better. Fear of elite hitters is now in full force. Also your more vunerable to mistake pitches.
Very nice! And I absolutely agree. Those changes saved the game for me. Well...

I'm too much of a wussie to kick up Power a click. For now, anyway!

But you're right! I totally fear great hitters now. Last night, McCann called for a low slider to Pineda and Longoria up to the dish. His confidence on it was real low, mainly because I neglected it.

I thought about whether to throw it for quite some time! And was like, "F it!!!"

After it landed in the second deck out in left, I realized it was probably a mistake. LOL!

I love the dynamic of everything with those tweaks (you and I I think use identical sets, by the way, aside from two or three things such as Solid Hits, which is probably why I don't really need to boost to Power. It's crazy how close everything else is, man! We must see the same things!)!

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 08-04-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #350
Rookie

The Craigler's Arena

Awesome sliders! I'm using these on PS4 and they work great! Good job!
Old 08-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #351
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

One more tibit on amping up the difficulty on classic pitching.

Turn off the ball marker. Trust me on that one. You will have a much better challenge and an even cleaner screen.
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #352
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Craigler
Awesome sliders! I'm using these on PS4 and they work great! Good job!
Craigler... For PS4, you entered the sliders exactly as they're in the 1st post? Cuz I've heard PS3 and PS4 versions play a little different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »