Home

Old 03-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

OVR: 15
Walks

I was hoping that my fellow OS guys will give me some tips/assistance w/ drawing walks(I play nothing but RTTS). I am a newbie in regards to THIS baseball series and I have read the forums here and even found a thread that pertained to slider adjustments to help w/ walks, but it was a little confusing (to me). I did a search and I couldn't find any thread that was geared towards walks. I have played roughly 55 games in RTTS and have drawn 1 walk( I am hitting .485 in AA, so I was hoping they would pitch around me more often). I have never been good at "reading" the strike zone, but was usually able to grab a walk every couple of games or so. I was kind of hoping their was an option to make the strike zone permenant (not fading as the pitcher is releasing the ball) until I get the hang of balls and strikes.

Thanks for any ideas/tips etc. that you guys may be able to offer...

BTW...I am so impressed with this game, that I regret not purchasing a PS3 a year earlier...

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Wii)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (DS)
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)
Hax Attacks (iPad/iPhone)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2008, 12:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFav
I was hoping that my fellow OS guys will give me some tips/assistance w/ drawing walks(I play nothing but RTTS). I am a newbie in regards to THIS baseball series and I have read the forums here and even found a thread that pertained to slider adjustments to help w/ walks, but it was a little confusing (to me). I did a search and I couldn't find any thread that was geared towards walks. I have played roughly 55 games in RTTS and have drawn 1 walk( I am hitting .485 in AA, so I was hoping they would pitch around me more often). I have never been good at "reading" the strike zone, but was usually able to grab a walk every couple of games or so. I was kind of hoping their was an option to make the strike zone permenant (not fading as the pitcher is releasing the ball) until I get the hang of balls and strikes.

Thanks for any ideas/tips etc. that you guys may be able to offer...

BTW...I am so impressed with this game, that I regret not purchasing a PS3 a year earlier...
Only way I have been able to get more walks is being really patient at the plate. You can usually get a feel for the pitcher after an inning or 2. Then you can detemine if he likes to throw lots of balls. And don't always swing at the first pitch, even if it is a strike. I had a huge problem always swinging at the first pitch and could never get walks......wonder why
Old 03-15-2008, 12:50 PM   #3
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

thanks Obie... I have started to take the first pitch also...basically, I do not even bother to swing until I take the first strike thrown...

Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)

Old 03-15-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=242159 I think I found what I was looking for...some of it anyway. Thanks Obie for replying and trying to help

Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »