Home

MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement

This is a discussion on MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-09-2008, 11:21 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
cursor hitting???? Yeah, ok.....
Old 10-09-2008, 01:45 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 7
Dynamic lighting/shadows and moving clouds with the wind should be priority number 1. This was handled very well in MLB2k7 360.

Rain is such an infrequent thing in baseball, that it just isnt worth spending the time to program it into the game. Football yes, baseball no. Get over it. Put all the efforts into dynamic lighting. That is one thing I really miss from the 2K series.

I would like to see the dugout and bullpen guys react to what is happening on the field in an appropriate natural way, This would enhance the reality aspect. Need more dugout and bullpen guys too. There is nobody in the bullpen at all until someone gets sent to warm up and there is not enough guys in the dugout to seem realistic. When a team is in the field there is nobody left in the dugout!

Collision detection between players and calling for a popup like in the 2k series would be great. Also, with that goes breaking up double plays at 2B. That should be a gimme.

I would like to be able to mod the rosters for exhibition play too, because the weekly updates are not always accurate.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 7
Also, we need a behind the pitcher view for online play, but only when in the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2008, 02:24 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDwinder
Dynamic lighting/shadows and moving clouds with the wind should be priority number 1. This was handled very well in MLB2k7 360.

Rain is such an infrequent thing in baseball, that it just isnt worth spending the time to program it into the game. Football yes, baseball no. Get over it. Put all the efforts into dynamic lighting. That is one thing I really miss from the 2K series.

I would like to see the dugout and bullpen guys react to what is happening on the field in an appropriate natural way, This would enhance the reality aspect. Need more dugout and bullpen guys too. There is nobody in the bullpen at all until someone gets sent to warm up and there is not enough guys in the dugout to seem realistic. When a team is in the field there is nobody left in the dugout!

Collision detection between players and calling for a popup like in the 2k series would be great. Also, with that goes breaking up double plays at 2B. That should be a gimme.

I would like to be able to mod the rosters for exhibition play too, because the weekly updates are not always accurate.
Actually this guy gets it. COMPLETELY. Please do all of this SCEA.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2
I would like to see MLB 09 offer Seasons from the Past like the PC games Hardball and Tony LaRussa baseball did. The simulation PC games offer all teams and players from 1900-2008. I think an addition such as this would be really cool. I think being able to play as some of the old players would add depth to game and no other console game has done this yet. They may offer teams from the past but not an entire seasons.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:13 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDwinder

Actually rain occurs quite a bit in baseball, especially in Florida & Seattle. It just doesn't always cause delays or cancellations. If its a light drizzle they can & usually will play through it.

Don't you find it kind of dull with the same constant fair weather in past iterations of The Show? Wouldn't it be more interesting to play a game where theres constant worry about the weather on cloudy or overcast days/nights? Then if it does happen to start raining hard enough to cause delay, that's when bullpen strategy comes into play if your starter is still going strong at the time. It's all about variation & ways to keep every single game interesting in more ways than just on the field play.

Now if Sony implements the weather conditions like 2K did, then I'd agree with you. They did a horrible job with those lines falling from the overlays supposedly resembling rain. I don't think that'll happen with Sony though. Especially since Kolbe & Chris have mentioned in the past that they're holding out on weather till it can be done properly. Well you'd think with the power of the PS3 that would no longer be a problem.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:06 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjwm
Weather is just as important as lighting in creating variation & realism. In fact weather creates different lighting, so both should be implemented together IMO.
weather is a big deal. Being cold seeing the players breathe, the way they play. Wet field being slippery. Rain outs, snowy atmosphere, overcasts.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:48 PM   #40
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapa17
can we please PLEASE have realistic body types for managers??? lou pinella, mike scioscia, and all the other big-gut managers haven't been that svelte in decades! and how about a team jacket on em instead of a plain uniform. it's been documented that terry francona has been asked to wear his uniform when managing. he argues that he has a circulatory problem that requires him to bundle up in the outer-wear jackets, etc. in other words, we should almost never see francona in a full bosox uni during a mound visit.

i know this is purely cosmetic, but when you're trying to immerse yourself in a fantasy world and the manager trots out there looking nothing like his real life counterpart, you're ripped from the fantasy! The Show does such a great job in most aspects, but when i see that lean lou pinella paying a mound visit, i suddenly realize that i'm not at wrigley; i'm in my boxers on my recliner at 3 a.m. playing a video game (LOSER!).

please don't remind me that i'm a loser!
Recliner.....boxers....3a.m....excellent, you ain't a loser, you are a fanatic. I can relate. I cannot count the number of times I have found myself in the same situation. Ok....some expert rationalization went into this post....plus...there is alot worse things a guy could be doing at 3a.m. Of course, there could be some more interesting things as well. I am quite fortunate as my GF is VERY understanding. She often mentions the effect an extra inning victory over the Yankees has on me prior to "bedtime"

Last edited by Revolution42; 10-10-2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Correct typo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »