Home

chances scea will release new citi field?

This is a discussion on chances scea will release new citi field? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #49
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: chances scea will release new citi field?

There just isnt much going on with Citi Field. Looks boring and somewhat cookie cutter to me. Im sure it's nice just nothing about it that catches my eye.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:20 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
There just isnt much going on with Citi Field. Looks boring and somewhat cookie cutter to me. Im sure it's nice just nothing about it that catches my eye.
It looks better on TV. In the game - I couldn't agree with you more.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:31 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 9

I was at Citi Field yesterday for their practice since I have a game plan for this season. It is quite impressive in person. Some of that may be relative to Shea, but even on its own it is a really nice stadium. The rotunda is great, the concourse is so much better to walk, being able to go 360 around the stadium and not lose sight of the field is fantastic. I was all over the stadium yesterday and I couldn't find a seat that sucked. You are so much closer to the action than Shea. When they say it provides a more "intimate" feel for fans they are right. Very well done.

IMO, the in-game version doesn't do the stadium justice. The devs did a solid job with the info they had, but next year's implementation should look great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 10

Say what you want but I have been there twice and it is a great place to watch a ballgame. I would agree with those who criticize the color palette. I wish it would have been a little more Mets (blue/orange) but it's not a biggie. What I do love about it is the billions seemingly went into making it a great place for the fans. Plenty of bathrooms, lots of great concessions and a club/bar for every level, not just the expensive seats. As far as the show is concerned I can live with the little color things and innaccuracies, my only knock is that it feels darker at night in the game than it is in real life.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:47 PM   #53
Rookie

loogs's Arena

OVR: 3

Citifield happens to be one of the nicest and best stadiums out today. It destroys 95% of the stadiums today, including the new yankee stadium which looks exactly like the old stadium. Dont hate, celebrate.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #54
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randor2000
Say what you want but I have been there twice and it is a great place to watch a ballgame. I would agree with those who criticize the color palette. I wish it would have been a little more Mets (blue/orange) but it's not a biggie. What I do love about it is the billions seemingly went into making it a great place for the fans. Plenty of bathrooms, lots of great concessions and a club/bar for every level, not just the expensive seats. As far as the show is concerned I can live with the little color things and innaccuracies, my only knock is that it feels darker at night in the game than it is in real life.
I love Wrigley field, but it is so old now, it just isn't fan friendly. Horse trough urinals, obstructed views, etc. But, having said that, I wouldn't want them to tear down Wrigley unless they made the field look just like it is now including the brick and ivy, old time scoreboard, etc. and it was in the same location (and this all probably wouldn't happen).
Old 04-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by antifanboy

Only thing that is annoying is some fan's body parts pop out out of the brick backstop.....
doesn't every park in the game have fan-object "interaction" issues?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by loogs
Citifield happens to be one of the nicest and best stadiums out today. It destroys 95% of the stadiums today, including the new yankee stadium which looks exactly like the old stadium. Dont hate, celebrate.
Thats the difference between the Mets and Yankees, the Yankees celebrate the past by continuing the tradition of winning. The Mets are trying to bury the past and consecutive years of becoming the Jets of MLB, finding new ways to loose and setting records of failing along the way. Shea was a dog, Citifield is an improvement by comparison but it, like the orginization that plays there, falls short and is a let down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »