Home

MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2009, 05:15 AM   #265
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
I hope (but doubt) that with this new pickoff system will come pickoff ratings. Some pitchers are way better at picking off runners than others. Andy Pettite is great at it while Chris Young couldn't hold an 80 year old women on base.
Andy Pettite is great because he's a lefty. Meanwhile, Chris Young is terrible because not only is he a righty, he's giant who takes an hour to get through his pitching motion. Not really a good comparison for ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2009, 06:57 AM   #266
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Pickoff ratings shouldn't really have a number system, anyway. You aren't either an 81 or an 82 at pickoffs, that's just weird. Either you're great (which is still not often that we pick off runners), average, or poor. Most relievers don't hold runners well, nor do they even try to. And people at second base steal on guys like Papelbon and Lincecum all the time... they never check their runner! So a "hold runner" attribute would be nice as well, or unless that's put in with the pickoff attribute.
You make some fine points but I do hope theres some type of rating system same for holding baserunners
Old 12-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #267
Rookie

OVR: 2

Man. I was really hoping for full minors. AT least single A. At least they're starting us in AA this time.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:55 AM   #268
It's RBIs or ribbies

JoeRyan33's Arena

OVR: 10

I thought the new player models were a definite for this year, but judging from this preview and the screenshots, I suppose that's not the case.

From the screens, graphically it looks exactly like MLB 09.

Thanks to all that helped with the Baltimore Orioles roster, and to N51_rob for making me an OS premium member.

CAPS I'm working on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25328192@N06/
Old 12-30-2009, 01:05 AM   #269
Pro

Yanks22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
I thought the new player models were a definite for this year, but judging from this preview and the screenshots, I suppose that's not the case.

From the screens, graphically it looks exactly like MLB 09.
doesn't look exactly like MLB 09 at all go look someone on here made a thread comparing pics of both games. you can see the clear difference and how much better 10 looks than 09. And the player models have been discussed over and over and over. try reading back through a lot of these threads.
NHL: Rangers
Old 12-30-2009, 01:12 AM   #270
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks22
doesn't look exactly like MLB 09 at all go look someone on here made a thread comparing pics of both games. you can see the clear difference and how much better 10 looks than 09. And the player models have been discussed over and over and over. try reading back through a lot of these threads.
This.

With all the additions they will be adding via presentation, stadium specifics, more little things, improved lighting and day cycles, weather (only fog confirmed, but usually fog comes after the rain)... it clearly will be improved.

And the comparison thread you can notice it in early shots. 10' early shots look better than 09' final, and Russell said the lighting wasn't even done yet. And that it will look even better than those shots.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:36 AM   #271
It's RBIs or ribbies

JoeRyan33's Arena

I didn't expect I'd need to be comparing side by sides to see the difference this year. I remember the talk of the new models being made but not put in last year, and felt safe to assume they'd be incorporated this year.

Thanks to all that helped with the Baltimore Orioles roster, and to N51_rob for making me an OS premium member.

CAPS I'm working on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25328192@N06/
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »