Home

MLB '10/MLB '09 Screenshot Comparisons

This is a discussion on MLB '10/MLB '09 Screenshot Comparisons within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2009, 11:24 PM   #33
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: MLB '10/MLB '09 Screenshot Comparisons

I would say the difference isnt that much. Not to complain, but it looks the same to me. The only difference I see are the day light, and shadows.. Nothing night and day..
Old 12-17-2009, 11:26 PM   #34
Pro

dynastynation's Arena

OVR: 0

It's mostly the shadows, textures (the knee savers or w/e in the Manny pic), uniforms and stuff like that is what all of this was about. The little things they're improving.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #35
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pujols 4 MVP
It's mostly the shadows, textures (the knee savers or w/e in the Manny pic), uniforms and stuff like that is what all of this was about. The little things they're improving.
If only we could get this new models in, hot damn this game would prosper!

I wonder, though... this is a question to the developers if they could possibly answer. I totally understand it's a time constraint for the player models, and believe me I am every bit as understanding on the difficulty as anyone else here (though I'm not as knowledgeable on the matter), but just as a logical question... since you guys release a game every year and thusly have the same development cycle, what will be different about next year's development where you guys could potentially get the new models in that wasn't possible this year?

Again, don't make that sound like an attacking post at all, it's just out of curiosity. Is it more of the fact that your departments that would normally handle that were too busy with other things you prioritized for this year's game?

Thanks for your reply, if possible.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #36
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pujols 4 MVP

Yes, and all those things add up in the one scene in motion, that will make it looks much improved, IMO.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:38 PM   #37
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
If only we could get this new models in, hot damn this game would prosper!

I wonder, though... this is a question to the developers if they could possibly answer. I totally understand it's a time constraint for the player models, and believe me I am every bit as understanding on the difficulty as anyone else here (though I'm not as knowledgeable on the matter), but just as a logical question... since you guys release a game every year and thusly have the same development cycle, what will be different about next year's development where you guys could potentially get the new models in that wasn't possible this year?

Again, don't make that sound like an attacking post at all, it's just out of curiosity. Is it more of the fact that your departments that would normally handle that were too busy with other things you prioritized for this year's game?

Thanks for your reply, if possible.
No Blzer it's a good question. I personally feel it's never going to happen. I may be wrong, but that's the way I feel..
Old 12-17-2009, 11:46 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 47

I'll take a guess. I think they said that they have been working on day and night games for 3 years to get the lighting to shift. So I guess if they are going to change the models they probably already started doing it. This is just a guess.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:53 PM   #39
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I'll take a guess. I think they said that they have been working on day and night games for 3 years to get the lighting to shift. So I guess if they are going to change the models they probably already started doing it. This is just a guess.
They did. I believe Russell said the Player Models themselves are done, but getting the animations and stuff to work with the new rig is in the works. (Don't quote me on this, I may have missed a word or two...)

No need to rush.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:08 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 60

4 months to build one stadium, and if you saw how tedious the lighting was to do. Each fan, if I remember correctly has it's own code (that's probably why you don't see 45,000 different fan models) and getting the shadows and light to bounce was very technical. Light hitting another colored object, the green of the grass, to the stadium wall, over a fans yellow shirt, over the flag, isn't just making a dark color travel across the field. The player models movements meaning tearing apart what they have and starting all over again.

They aren't stalling, but I'd just as soon wait and have it done right and not have some military marching like the pitcher does around the mound in 2k9. They'll put them in when they can do it with success. Lord knows it has taken a few years to get the thousands of new animations that are already in this game.

Look at the explanation for the Manny dreds. Someone said "how hard can that be", well, they need a new skeletal model, it's not just paste hair running down the guys back, and none of this stuff is "easy". It's very technical.

Hope that explains some of it.

Last edited by jim416; 12-18-2009 at 12:12 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »