Home

Relocation of teams in Franchise mode

This is a discussion on Relocation of teams in Franchise mode within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-13-2010, 11:54 AM   #9
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Relocation of teams in Franchise mode

I always like the expansion mode in All Star Baseball with the draft and the picking of the stadium and the cities and states that were available for a team it was great. I wouldn't mind seeing something like this in the show or even 2k as long as it is implemented the right way and correctly.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:15 PM   #10
Pro

cardsfan2222's Arena

I wish they had a stadium creator at the very least. There are certain teams I would consider doing a franchise with if it wasn't for their stadium. I refuse to do a franchise with Oakland and Tampa Bay because I hate their stadiums.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #11
MVP

johnnyg83's Arena

OVR: 9

I love the idea. And I'd definitely use it.

It'd be great to assign stadiums to teams in franchise too. I hate playing at the SkyDome and Tropicana (and Metrodome). I sim all those games.

Regrettably, if you choose an AL franchise ... you don't get to see At&T, PNC, Petco, Busch, etc. but once every six years of your franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 12:58 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg83
Regrettably, if you choose an AL franchise ... you don't get to see At&T, PNC, Petco, Busch, etc. but once every six years of your franchise.
Actually, I think that's never because I don't believe their schedule generator takes into account the rotating schedule for interleague games.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:00 PM   #13
Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
When that feature was implemented in ASB it was when MLB was expanding. New teams were being added, relocation was being discussed. So interest in that was high, which is why it was in the game.

NBA live had an expansion mode one year too around the time the Raptors and Grizzlies came in.

If baseball was having an expansion team now that would be a feature I am sure would be added as well as relocation. As of now I don't see a whole lot of interest. I am a franchise guy and play as the Yankees. It would be sacrilegious to move the team or build a new stadium.
I don't think this is quite true. ASB didn't have the expansion mode until about 2003 (I think), at least 5 years after the last expansion, and it was included until that game ended in 2005. I see your point, but I think a lot of people (including me!) would be very grateful for a mode like this.

It's in the same vein as Fantasy Draft which is always included. It just adds a layer of depth to the game. While you might not want to move the Yankees, it would be fun to play as the owner of the Marlins and move them.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:42 PM   #14
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRoark
I don't think this is quite true. ASB didn't have the expansion mode until about 2003 (I think), at least 5 years after the last expansion, and it was included until that game ended in 2005. I see your point, but I think a lot of people (including me!) would be very grateful for a mode like this.

It's in the same vein as Fantasy Draft which is always included. It just adds a layer of depth to the game. While you might not want to move the Yankees, it would be fun to play as the owner of the Marlins and move them.
Actually, was it even in 2004?
I think it was only 2005....which makes your point even more "dramatic".

I'd love it...and use it...A LOT!

I'd revive my Brooklyn Outlaws franchise!!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #15
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRoark

I agree, I dont think the feature being in the game had anything to do with what was going on in the MLB. I think that they were just being innovative. Think about it, you got to build a team from scratch and go though the drafts,etc and it was all realistic.

When I envision that feature properly implemented this generation, I see uniform creators, stadium creators,etc. would be a whole lot of fun. imagine downloadable stadiums,etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #16
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

OVR: 4

i cant believe how unenthusiastic you guys are about this idea. for me, create-a-stadium would be the single greatest improvement to the game.

being able to design the field dimensions, the general architecture of the stadium, and the surrounding area (suburbs, beach, downtown, etc.) is a dream come true.

for those of us that would love these new features, the last thing we need is for SCEA to come in here and see all this apathy about the idea. you're killin' me!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »