Home

***Offical MLB 10: The Show Impression Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Offical MLB 10: The Show Impression Thread*** within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 04:46 PM   #857
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: ***Offical MLB 10: The Show Impression Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoman
It seems to me that the Show is possibly a Beautiful looking sports car with a clunker of an engine.

It all looks fantastic and awesome on the surface, but you dig a lil deeper and you start to find the ugly side. I dont know whether to pick up the game tonite after work or just stick with 09 at this point.
....yeah this is EXACTLY what '10 is like.

I'd stick with '09 if I were you.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-02-2010, 04:46 PM   #858
Pro

bbondsfan25's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Throw meter question.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
the throwing meter is nothing like last year imo. Green bars equate to normal throw...when I reach red the player puts extra velocity on the throw.
Thanks for the feedback, good to know.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:46 PM   #859
Rookie

OVR: 3

Is computer comeback still in the game?
Old 03-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #860
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
been doing it all day.

Pujols has been walked probably 5 times in the last 3 games and would've had 1 or 2 more if I'd stay patient.

Yes..you can draw walks off the cpu pitcher. I've been walked on 4 straight a few times as well.
Agreed. I've been getting walks and high pitch counts like never before. My pitching, however, leaves A LOT to be desired. Lost 7-10 in game 1, 8-9 in game 2, 2-12 in game three. All were Giants vs. Astros. I'm playing on All-star and have tried both meter and classic. I sux either way. And pitching is suppoed to be a strength for the G-men .

Last year I did fine with pitching, it was hitting that drove me nuts. Might be the opposite this year.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #861
MVP

OVR: 9

So far so good for me. Three games, and no issues, glitches, no real video problems that I can see and I am loving the Real Time Presentation combined with the Broadcast view for offense and defense.

Couple tweaks/sliders so far. I turned down the baserunner speed as there is no slider for CPU baserunner aggresiveness. Wow, these guys will run on anything. I thought Demarlo Hale was a windmill, the base coaches for the computer teams are flat crazy. And even with a sub-par outfield with regards to arm strength, my guys are mowing them down. Why you would try and take third on a one out single to left field in Fenway is beyond me... I have thrown guys out by half way to the bag.... So, I thought maybe Baserunner Speed might curb their appetite. We'll see.

Some wierd animations when a ball is hit in front of an outfielder. I want to charge the ball and try to throw it home, but my guys go into a wacky animation routine like a grenade is coming towards them... I have adjusted reaction and fielder speed down a bit to see if they are not stuck half way to the ball and then sucked intot he animation. Seems to work pretty well. Willl have sliders figured after 20 games or so.

Even though the RTP is awesome and I love it, the hands to the helmet animation after EVERY homerun is a bit lamish, but I can live with it.

Love, Love, Love the Broadcast angle. Tough to read some balls in the gap, and the angles that you need to take will take some learning, but overall a very solid entry to the fray. Nice job fellas.

More to come after a few more games. So far 1-2 and there have been two blowouts, and a 12 inning 1-1 gem between Pettite and Lester in Fenway, which quickly turned into a 6-run 13th after Bard basically threw BP to the Yankees squad...

So far, I love it.

syf
Old 03-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #862
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyridr
Is computer comeback still in the game?
Nope. They removed the option as well.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #863
Banned

OVR: 11

Countryboy,

Yeah I know I can be the KING of overreaction!!!!

Just got off the phone with my bro who has the game and says it is the bomb!!! He cant stop playing it.

Then we had a lil discussion about how spoiled we as gamers are nowadays. I freak out and I admit I overreact to things. People complain about the helmet is wrong, or the scoreboard in the stadium is wrong. Damn, what is wrong with us!!!! Just enjoy this game!!!

Ok, end rant....
Old 03-02-2010, 04:54 PM   #864
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhiball
same VERY lame world series celebration this year. Keep hoping for something a bit more some year. Great additions to the actual games though
maybe they intentionally make it lame for people who sim right ahead to it to see what its like, but for the people who dont sim and get there for real, well, they get the real one?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »