Home

MLB: The Show 10 (PSP) Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB: The Show 10 (PSP) Impressions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB: The Show 10 (PSP) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancejeremy
Is there a manage only mode?
There is manage only mode, same as last year. IMO, not enough changes to warrant spending $40, especially if there are no weekly roster updates. There was awesome improvement from 08 to 09, but from 09 to 10, not so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #26
Rookie

TD73's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by michfan16
Can you choose uniforms before a game?

i was wondering this too! Not a biggie if you cant.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk1369
There is manage only mode, same as last year. IMO, not enough changes to warrant spending $40, especially if there are no weekly roster updates. There was awesome improvement from 08 to 09, but from 09 to 10, not so much.
Is this a definite regarding no roster updates? Will they be available through some other means? If not, that really sucks. Us PSP users are getting screwed.

tfigs
Old 03-02-2010, 09:53 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfigs121
Is this a definite regarding no roster updates? Will they be available through some other means? If not, that really sucks. Us PSP users are getting screwed.

tfigs
There doesn't appear to be any way to download them through the game since Sportsconnect has been removed. But the possibility exists that a download can be made available via a web site (pretty easy to hook a PSP up to a PC and copy something over). Whether they will do that remains to be seen, but with the first PS3 update coming Monday I'd imagine we'll be hearing something soon.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:55 PM   #29
Rookie

michfan16's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
There doesn't appear to be any way to download them through the game since Sportsconnect has been removed. But the possibility exists that a download can be made available via a web site (pretty easy to hook a PSP up to a PC and copy something over). Whether they will do that remains to be seen, but with the first PS3 update coming Monday I'd imagine we'll be hearing something soon.
Any info on choosing unis before a game?
Old 03-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by michfan16
Any info on choosing unis before a game?
Doesn't look like it - it goes straight to the option screen after choosing a team.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #31
Pro

Drag66's Arena

OVR: 9

I look forward to the PSP version every year. I can get a lot of games in because of the portability. The jump from 07 to 08 was terrific. 09 was definitely an improvement over 08. But there is absolutely no improvement from 09 to 10. Instead, it has regressed. Same graphics, same commentary, no added animations, not one single addition from the PS3 version, and the kicker - no more infrasructure. It is a shame they charged $39.99 for this version. It should have been $29.99 at the most. I love the development team for the Show and the PS3 version is incredible this year. But I am very disappointed with the PSP version. If you have 09, don't even bother with 10 unless you really want a roster update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 09:59 PM   #32
Rookie

michfan16's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag66
I look forward to the PSP version every year. I can get a lot of games in because of the portability. The jump from 07 to 08 was terrific. 09 was definitely an improvement over 08. But there is absolutely no improvement from 09 to 10. Instead, it has regressed. Same graphics, same commentary, no added animations, not one single addition from the PS3 version, and the kicker - no more infrasructure. It is a shame they charged $39.99 for this version. It should have been $29.99 at the most. I love the development team for the Show and the PS3 version is incredible this year. But I am very disappointed with the PSP version. If you have 09, don't even bother with 10 unless you really want a roster update.
Looks like i might not buy it

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »