Home

Franchise Lineup Glitch/Issue Back?

This is a discussion on Franchise Lineup Glitch/Issue Back? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
MVP

BoSoxPujols's Arena

OVR: 7
Franchise Lineup Glitch/Issue Back?

Is that lame lineup glitch/issue back where 3 and 4 hitter are batting 2nd and sometimes leadoff?

I'm tired of seeing Todd Helton and Matt Holiday batting 2nd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Franchise Lineup Glitch/Issue Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSoxPujols
Is that lame lineup glitch/issue back where 3 and 4 hitter are batting 2nd and sometimes leadoff?

I'm tired of seeing Todd Helton and Matt Holiday batting 2nd.
That's not a glitch. It has been discussed. The CPU looks at their stats. Listen. We all know that Helton doesn't bat leadoff and that is instilled in our brains, as well as must having a speedster leading off.

OBP is more important than a potential stolen base. If my leadoff man got on base at a clip of 500, but couldnt steal a base i could care less.

Having said that, someone of their decisions are kind of funny, but i haven't seen anything too outrageous like Pujols leading off. If you really don't like it, just change it for every team. It doesn't take that long
Old 03-01-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
Pro

I would prefer the .500 OBP guy to bat 2nd behind that speedster. Slim chance to break the DP and or advance him to 3rd and still have that guy on 1st with 1 out before your #3 & #4 come to the plate.

Yeah though, Seen a dynasty report where Helton was batting 2nd so it's still there, but like the 2nd guy said it's not a glitch, just the way the game reads the stats which is better than guys never getting moved around for anything.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek2Jeter
That's not a glitch. It has been discussed. The CPU looks at their stats. Listen. We all know that Helton doesn't bat leadoff and that is instilled in our brains, as well as must having a speedster leading off.

OBP is more important than a potential stolen base. If my leadoff man got on base at a clip of 500, but couldnt steal a base i could care less.

Having said that, someone of their decisions are kind of funny, but i haven't seen anything too outrageous like Pujols leading off. If you really don't like it, just change it for every team. It doesn't take that long
Good post! You saved me a lot of typing!

People need to remember that the AI doesn't see names. It sees a bunch of digits which identify each player in the game. You have two options with player lineups in this game;

1): Player lineups are hard-coded just like real life with all the NAMES that you know in the proper place. Since the lineups are based upon player names and not stats, if a player is injured the replacement player will go directly into that person's place whether they belong there or not. So if your speedy centerfielder was leading off and got injured, your power hitting backup would take his place in the lineup even though he is nothing like a leadoff hitter. This is because the lineups were set based upon player's names and not their stats. By the time you are five or six years into your franchise/RttS, nothing will look proper since players were put in the lineup based upon the names that you are familiar with.

2): Player lineups are based upon the player stats. The initial lineups are done based upon the real-life setup that we all know and love, but if a player is injured or replaced on a CPU controlled team the AI will re-do the lineup based upon the player stats. While this might not align properly with what we know of from real life, it will prevent us from seeing sluggers leading off and speedsters batting cleanup. In addition, when you're well into your franchises or RttS careers, the lineups will be just like what a real baseball lineup should be and you'll be fine with it because none of the real-life names will cloud your judgement.

I don't know about you, but I am happy with the fact that SCEA went with option #2.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:49 PM   #5
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

I just hope they don't stack three or four lefty batters right in a row in the lineup like they seemed to do pretty regularly in 09. I understand you prefer lefties against a right handed starter, but no manager in the major leagues would stack their lineup that way. It makes it too easy to match up against with the bullpen later in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg
Good post! You saved me a lot of typing!

People need to remember that the AI doesn't see names. It sees a bunch of digits which identify each player in the game. You have two options with player lineups in this game;

1): Player lineups are hard-coded just like real life with all the NAMES that you know in the proper place. Since the lineups are based upon player names and not stats, if a player is injured the replacement player will go directly into that person's place whether they belong there or not. So if your speedy centerfielder was leading off and got injured, your power hitting backup would take his place in the lineup even though he is nothing like a leadoff hitter. This is because the lineups were set based upon player's names and not their stats. By the time you are five or six years into your franchise/RttS, nothing will look proper since players were put in the lineup based upon the names that you are familiar with.

2): Player lineups are based upon the player stats. The initial lineups are done based upon the real-life setup that we all know and love, but if a player is injured or replaced on a CPU controlled team the AI will re-do the lineup based upon the player stats. While this might not align properly with what we know of from real life, it will prevent us from seeing sluggers leading off and speedsters batting cleanup. In addition, when you're well into your franchises or RttS careers, the lineups will be just like what a real baseball lineup should be and you'll be fine with it because none of the real-life names will cloud your judgement.

I don't know about you, but I am happy with the fact that SCEA went with option #2.
Haha you wrote all that, and I still saved you typing? Who knows how much you would have typed. GO YANKEES
Old 03-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #7
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

If you guys set lineups...they should stick.
...at least until the CPU has to make a move for one reason or another.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-01-2010, 11:53 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
I just hope they don't stack three or four lefty batters right in a row in the lineup like they seemed to do pretty regularly in 09. I understand you prefer lefties against a right handed starter, but no manager in the major leagues would stack their lineup that way. It makes it too easy to match up against with the bullpen later in the game.
some teams don't have a choice. some teams have all their best players batting on one side of the plate

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »