Home

why do i stink with vlad ?

This is a discussion on why do i stink with vlad ? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-26-2010, 04:22 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: why do i stink with vlad ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyJ
If it doesn't help it may be as simple as you not being able to hit with his stance, there are a few players who i can't get my timing down with because of their stance, two names that come to mind for me are Pujols and Hanley.
yeah , i really dislike soriano & braves ss escobar because i can't see inside pitch very well but i haven't had a prolonged slump with either one of them , yet . no danger of winning mvp either though
Old 04-26-2010, 07:37 AM   #10
Rookie

ginny's Arena

OVR: 3

20 games in as the Rangers and i'm not putting up big power numbers with Vlad (just the 1 homer) but he's out in front of the rest of the team in hits (and roughly 5th overall in the AL).

He gets decent contact most of the time so hang back on going for a power swing.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 12

I don't have that problem, Vlad is actually one of the most consistently good players I've seen in my games with the Rangers. Other "elite" guys like Ian Kinsler and Josh Hamilton frequently get 0 or 1 hits in 4-5 at bats, but Vlad is almost always able to get 3 hits a game. If you have any tips on how to get more clutch productio out of Kinsler/Hamilton I would love to hear it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 05:01 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I don't have that problem, Vlad is actually one of the most consistently good players I've seen in my games with the Rangers. Other "elite" guys like Ian Kinsler and Josh Hamilton frequently get 0 or 1 hits in 4-5 at bats, but Vlad is almost always able to get 3 hits a game. If you have any tips on how to get more clutch productio out of Kinsler/Hamilton I would love to hear it.
my biggest problem with vlad is i can't hit a low pitch , i have good production from hamilton , plenty of doubles , but don't really think it's me doing anything out of the ordinary with him . as for kinsler in my 'chise he's as consistent as ever , but since he's on dl i can't use him online so i haven't seen as much of him as vlad & hamilton
Old 04-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyJ
If it doesn't help it may be as simple as you not being able to hit with his stance, there are a few players who i can't get my timing down with because of their stance, two names that come to mind for me are Pujols and Hanley.
On this note, not to derail thread, but does anyone have issues with A-Rod's?? I've only used him in HR Derby but man the ball disappears for a split second in front of his arm out of the pitcher's hand. Anyone else notice this? I will say this was on Catcher view so maybe a different view would resolve this...

Last edited by capnharry; 04-26-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #14
Rookie

clownbaby's Arena

OVR: 4

I rarely power swing with people who have high power attributes. On HOF RTTS, my 2nd basemen hit 38HR in a season, all of which were from a contact swing.

Keep in mind that power swings require a much more accurate Lstick placement to be effective. So if you don't use Lstick at all, then a power swing would really kill your average (and HRs) unless the pitch was right down the plate.

Anyone who doesnt use Lstick do this experiment:
1)Batting practice (or a game, doesn't really matter)
2)Place your Lstick to the left so that about 60% of the coverage is inside the strike zone. I also like to place it a tad bit towards the top of the zone.
3)Wait on a fastball in. When you get it, try to pull it down the left field line.

I haven't ever finished a franchise season before, but 16 years through my RTTS on Legend difficulty, I had 300HR, which isn't a lot by some standards, but it was a 2B who also had 250SB's so it was kind of balanced.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »