Home

MLB 11 The Show First Gameplay Video: Red Sox vs. Phillies

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show First Gameplay Video: Red Sox vs. Phillies within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-09-2011, 03:44 PM   #153
Inside The NFL

OhDaesu19's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 11 The Show First Gameplay Video: Red Sox vs. Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
All the face buttons are pressure sensitive. And the L1 and R1 are pressure sensitive as well.

Sent from the dugout using Tapatalk
I never knew that the face buttons were pressure sensitive. So if I press on the square button harder then I am swinging harder? If so does it increase the the chances of hitting a homer if I square up on the ball? EnigmaNemesis could you or someone else please elaborate on the effects of the pressure sensistivity of the face buttons? Maybe if I didn't try to press so hard I might cut down on my swinging strikeouts????? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #154
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhDaesu
I never knew that the face buttons were pressure sensitive. So if I press on the square button harder then I am swinging harder? If so does it increase the the chances of hitting a homer if I square up on the ball? EnigmaNemesis could you or someone else please elaborate on the effects of the pressure sensistivity of the face buttons? Maybe if I didn't try to press so hard I might cut down on my swinging strikeouts????? Thanks in advance.
I don't really know if they're pressure-sensitive or if they're timing-sensitive, so to speak. It's pretty tough to not be "all or nothing" when it comes to pressing a button, but normally we press it harder if we want to hold onto it anyway. So when check-swinging, you have to tap the button as opposed to holding onto it (which is normally done by pressing it more lightly, no?).

Controllers have been pressure-sensitive since the old Nintendo consoles: tap the B button to make Mario not jump as high, etc. I don't know what this has to do with bunting though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #155
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhDaesu
They are digital in this game. I do not believe they have pressure (analog) sensitivity for this game.

But other games, like racing games (Gran Turismo was one of them), used them for gas and brake sensitivity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #156
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

The only button that I see as MAYBE, possibly, being used as pressure sensitive is the X button. (check swings) But really, I don't even know if that's a pressure sensitive function or just a timing thing (Quick press = check swing) I don't know though.

I just feel that if bunting was completly tied to pressure sensitivity it would help alot in pulling off on bunt attempts.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #157
Banned

OVR: 0

Beautiful! Pitching animation issues are still unresolved though. No sense of any real power behind the pitch, and the release point of the ball appears to be inches away from the pitcher's hand. Both have been an issue since the PS2.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #158
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I don't really know if they're pressure-sensitive or if they're timing-sensitive, so to speak. It's pretty tough to not be "all or nothing" when it comes to pressing a button, but normally we press it harder if we want to hold onto it anyway. So when check-swinging, you have to tap the button as opposed to holding onto it (which is normally done by pressing it more lightly, no?).

Controllers have been pressure-sensitive since the old Nintendo consoles: tap the B button to make Mario not jump as high, etc. I don't know what this has to do with bunting though.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the 4 buttons are not pressure sensative, but work in the game as time sensative. As you mentioned, they are basically all or nothing.

The L1 and R1 are pressure sensative as can be seen in racing games that use them as gas and brake.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #159
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the 4 buttons are not pressure sensative, but work in the game as time sensative. As you mentioned, they are basically all or nothing.

The L1 and R1 are pressure sensative as can be seen in racing games that use them as gas and brake.
They are, have been since PS2 days.
Quote:

DualShock 3 controller

ManufacturerSony Computer Entertainment
TypeVideo game controller
GenerationSeventh generation era
Retail availability
  • JP November 11, 2007
  • NA April 5, 2008
  • EU July 2, 2008
  • AU April 24, 2008
  • NZ May 9, 2008
Power3.7 V Li-ion Battery, USB host powered
Input
  • Motion sensing (6 axes)
  • Analog sticks (10-bit precision)
  • 2× Analog triggers
    (L2, R2)
  • 8× Pressure sensitive buttons
    (, , , , L1, R1, Start, Select)
  • Pressure sensitive D-Pad
  • 3× Digital buttons
    ("PS", L3, R3)
ConnectivityUSB, Bluetooth (PS3 and PSP Go)
Dimensions157 mm × 95 mm × 55 mm
6.18 in × 3.74 in × 2.16 in

Weight192 g
6.77 oz

PredecessorSixaxis, DualShock 2

Last edited by Chef Matt; 01-10-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #160
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
They are, have been since PS2 days.
Thanks for the evidence....I was wrong

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »