Home

Homeruns with Contact Swing

This is a discussion on Homeruns with Contact Swing within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-24-2011, 10:14 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Homeruns with Contact Swing

I've played probably 20 games so far and have hit at least 3-4 contact swing homers. And at least a couple were not even with power hitters.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #18
Rookie

bigdaddykraven's Arena

OVR: 4

I NEVER use contact because every time I do the player skys the ball like a power swing. Funny enough, when I swing for power about 60% of the time its a line drive or grounder....its like the two got switched.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:20 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBack
Is anyone else consistently hitting homeruns with contact swing? It shouldn't even be possible to hit a homerun with this type of swing. I thought that contact swing would only be for putting the ball in play to move over a runner and to maybe get a seeing eye single once and a while. If I can still hit homeruns and doubles, why would I need to use normal or power swings? I get a bigger contact radius and my power production doesn't seem to get penalized for it.
Just because your a contact hitter dosent mean you cant hit a homerun, look at Ichiro, or Figgins for example, all contact hitters yet hit a homer or so, just not often.

My Mariners dynasty!
XBL Gamertag- xLMJx21
Old 03-24-2011, 10:40 PM   #20
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Zero for me! I don't even use contact or power. Normal all the way. Even if I'm down 2 strikes.. doesn't matter. I did use contact in the demo and have had quite a few long battles with the pitcher but once i hit it in play, it's always a soft grounder so I'm out everytime. No point in using that for me.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubrain2
prolly hit 20 homeruns in this game. 19 with contact, only 1 with power swing. I play with the timing hitting and apparently my timing is good lol
Do you never use "normal" swing? I don't have 11 yet, but my understanding is that [] is power, X (or no selection) is normal and O is contact.

I'm wondering if the people hitting homeruns with "contact" swing are in fact calling the X (or no selection) a contact swing - which it is not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 11:04 PM   #22
Rookie

PhillsPhan26's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBack
Is anyone else consistently hitting homeruns with contact swing? It shouldn't even be possible to hit a homerun with this type of swing. I thought that contact swing would only be for putting the ball in play to move over a runner and to maybe get a seeing eye single once and a while. If I can still hit homeruns and doubles, why would I need to use normal or power swings? I get a bigger contact radius and my power production doesn't seem to get penalized for it.
Why shouldn't be possible? Kurt Gibson hit one of the most memorable HR's in a World Series with a contact swing.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #23
Rookie

ThrowBack's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillsPhan26
Why shouldn't be possible? Kurt Gibson hit one of the most memorable HR's in a World Series with a contact swing.
Yeah you're right. That was kind of a miracle HR though.

I just think power isn't penalized enough with the contact swing.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #24
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillsPhan26
Exactly. I've seen some real life homers on some very questionable swings.

If it weren't possible, I mean remotely, no one would use it.

I've done it twice, both with superb hitters.

Knowing I can do it, even though it's rare (literally 2 times in probably 40-50 games, you do the math...not you. I meant it to emphasize it's rarity) keeps me using it when I've got 2 strikes.

Contact swing is perfectly implemented, in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »