Home

I think Matt Kemp is deserving of the MLB 12 cover.

This is a discussion on I think Matt Kemp is deserving of the MLB 12 cover. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #89
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: I think Matt Kemp is deserving of the MLB 12 cover.

Part of me really hopes the three year contract thing about Mauer is true. I just want to see people overreact and try to correlate it to the game itself when it happens.

As for who is "deserving" of the cover, I think that's highly subjective. You can make a fair argument for so many players (including Mauer himself, believe it or not).

I've never cared about the cover (I put the game in and play it nonstop, so it's just going to collect dust in a corner for a year anyway) but personally (and I know this isn't likely to ever happen), I'd be fine if they just skip the cover athlete altogether. I actually liked the understated filler cover they used for 09 at Gamestop:

Old 11-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #90
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Part of me really hopes the three year contract thing about Mauer is true. I just want to see people overreact and try to correlate it to the game itself when it happens.

As for who is "deserving" of the cover, I think that's highly subjective. You can make a fair argument for so many players (including Mauer himself, believe it or not).

I've never cared about the cover (I put the game in and play it nonstop, so it's just going to collect dust in a corner for a year anyway) but personally (and I know this isn't likely to ever happen), I'd be fine if they just skip the cover athlete altogether. I actually liked the understated filler cover they used for 09 at Gamestop:

I don't agree with you that Mauer deserves to be on the cover, but I do agree with you on the no athlete idea.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #91
Pro

brobamigo's Arena

OVR: 0

brian wilson on the cover with a beard glued on the case
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #92
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10

I would put King Felix on the cover
Old 11-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I actually like that filler too. I'll be one of the people overreacting if Mauer is on the cover for 3 years. I was displeased with this year's effort and correlated it with another year of Mauer (I admit I stated "same cover same game" cliche line but the same budget/free agent glitch was the bigger culprit). If he goes for a third go around, I'll probably just stick with '11 unless I hear '12 is groundbreaking...WHICH I HIGHLY DOUBT.

Actually...why am I lying? I'll buy 12 for the new Miami Stadium alone. The only way I'll pass is if that same glitch is in. Mauer for 3 years would be lame, but not worth passing on the game.

Last edited by Still2REal; 11-08-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:16 PM   #94
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

They should put Tony LaRussa on the cover.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'd like see see Jim Thome on the cover honestly... I mean, he the guy has never gotten enough recognition over what has been an incredible career. He hit his 600th home run this season, and even returned to Cleveland for the last few months of the season.

He deserves a little something, not too many people realize how great of a player he actually was and still is.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »