Home

Gameplay/Presentation for MLB12

This is a discussion on Gameplay/Presentation for MLB12 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 6
a bit more emotion from guys on the field.
- pitchers already have some and I'm sure they'll keep adding to it
- some animations for catchers between pitches for cooling down the pitcher if things are not going well. Sometimes they walk midway to the pitching mound with gestual saying it's ok, keep it low, don't push too hard.
- some more animations too for 1st baseman. After big outs or a good throw to 1st they need to look a bit more enthusiastic. On the last out of the inning, having them tagging the base different ways and without hesitation heading to the dugout. (somtimes they freeze a sec )
- the cut-off man on some plays look a bit robotic.
- having runners with a bad BR ability to sometimes hesitate,slip or even fall when trying for extra base ( can happens to everybody once in a while). Maybe wet dirt can influence
Old 10-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #10
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Gameplay/Presentation for MLB12

I'll jump in.....only because I'll forget when I'm there......

When the playoff start in the first couple of AB's the regular season stats should be displayed.
There should also be mention of the regular season stat(s) during the playoffs as well(say if a guy was the HR leader or leader in wins .....etc)

On the same note......when a new season begins....there should be a mention of a players previous years finish in stats for the first few games.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 10-05-2011, 12:26 PM   #11
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Like that Knight.

In general there are just too few mentions/displays of stats in this game, (the one thing 2K gets right, theirs is choc full) and for baseball game we need more, the whole sport is built on stats and we love it that way
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #12
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

More options in RTTS, more variations and possibilities with your player, something closer to real life situations that can alter a player's career, I love the mode but it's a bit predictable. Also, add maybe more defensive camera options for your player. Right now I think there is only one option.

And Franchise mode. Keep improving this mode!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 24

Can we please have a better championship-winning celebration?? Something more than just a dogpile?

If I play all 162 games, AND win it all, I want it to be worth the effort!!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv35
Is there any collision detection in this year's game?
Is the defense improved or altered so it is possible to make a diving catch or jumping catch in the outfield?
Has the commentary been improved or have some new lines been added?
Is there no collision detection in MLB 11 ? I don't understand you people sometimes.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #15
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Two things for now but pretty important:

- Allow us to hit the cutoff man after the throw has already been made from the outfield i.e. MVP Baseball 2005. If you saw the throw to the plate was going to be late, you could hit a button while the ball was in the air and the throw would be cut off, keeping the baserunner at first from advancing to second.

- Please, please, please give us more control over baserunners on the basepaths when it comes to stealing/pickoffs. It's just crazy IMO that it all boils down to ratings and what the game decides should happen in regards to whether the baserunner is picked off or not. I can't even get a two step lead with Michael Bourn who is the best rated baserunner in the game. I also have gotten picked off by taking just a one step lead and not even trying to steal. If I hit the button to go back, I want the baserunner to go back that instant. More control is better.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #16
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Thought of something else please make all teams shoe colors editable. Why as a Cubs fan do I have to play with grey shoes.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »