Home

"Road To The Show" Suggestions, Improvements or Tweaks for MLB 12

This is a discussion on "Road To The Show" Suggestions, Improvements or Tweaks for MLB 12 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #25
Rookie

noseeumcreek's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: "Road To The Show" Suggestions, Improvements or Tweaks for MLB 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo80
I also would like to be able to view transactions during the season. It would let you know everything thats going on in the league. Call ups, trades, etc. Don't know why they took this out, it was in the show 10.
Yea, I was trying to say this in my original post. My video game language escaped me at the moment. It would be an easy and nice thing to have back in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #26
Rookie

BootyStank's Arena

I would say overall add more ambience to the game. Make more commentary specific to my created player. if I have a pitcher, talk about him and what he's been doing the last couple games. If i'm in the lead for an award, or in the top three, mention it. If i'm striking people out left and right, have the crowd get louder and chant my name/ nickname or something. The same thing goes for a batter/hitter. I need to feel like I'm in the spotlight, like the crowd loves me.

If I'm doing great, maybe I remind the commentators of a big leaguer? ANd I agree with the earlier posts on goals for an elite player, or one who is having an elite season. THey shouldn't be given goals to improve, only to maintain. If I'm hitting .330, maybe my goal is to not go below .300 for the period,etc.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #27
Rookie

BootyStank's Arena

How cool would it be to have ESPN BASEBALL TONIGHT talk about you at the end of a week if you've been impressive, or at least some kind of show. What about press conferences after the game? Take a page from NBA 2k12 on that one. Special intros just for your player. Large confetti and fireworks for a wold series win, showing people going crazy and hugging each other in the stands, with media people standing around in spots on the field.

Being featured in magazines, on covers, endorsement deals, having your own commercials, building your own shoe.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:34 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Tweak/Improvement

I would love for them to add the ability to play out a whole series at a time. It takes the longest amount of time for the PS3 to load the game at the beginning because I am assuming it is loading the stadium and all that comes with it. Give us the option to play the entire 3 game series (or 2 or 4) if all the games are within the same park. Maybe after the game ends it can somehow just skip right into the next game. It might not be easy to implement, but I think this would allow us to move through a position player's RTTS a lot quicker as it would cut out a good amount of load time.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #29
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Can we PLEASE, have the option to play only as a reliever?
Old 11-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #30
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

One last tweak. Eephus, Gyroball and Vulcan change are listed as available pitches. I know the Vulcan is just a circle change, but I'd like to be able to throw an eephus as a pitcher.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #31
Rookie

jv35's Arena

OVR: 4

First, as has been mentioned, could the option to call pitches as a catcher be optional?

Second, could the trade demand/position change be improved. I liked the one suggestion to have a list of 3 teams you would want to be traded to and you would be traded to those teams 9 times out of 10.

Third, could they tweak the baserunning system? First, I can rarely steal a base, even with 80SPD and 80 ability and a good lead and jump, and when I do steal the base, the coach usually benches me if he didn't tell me to steal.

Next, would it be possible to add more hair styles for the created players, specifically a mohawk like Brian Wilson had in '11 and dreadlocks like McCutchen or Reyes have?

Finally, could they expand the change position options so that a starter could convert to a closer? This seems to happen with a lot of closers in real life and it would be nice to have regular work in the minors as a reliever
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 26

I know it's a long shot, but give the player control over GM decisions. Trades, arbitration, free agents, all of that. The Game AI decisions in RTTS are simply horrible. If the aforementioned isn't possible, then do a lot of work on the Game AI in RTTS.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »