Home

New Feature for Road to the Show

This is a discussion on New Feature for Road to the Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
New Feature for Road to the Show

Instead of having us only having one option. Creating a player from scratch, having him go though the Minor Leagues, which is really fun and very rewarding when you get the call and tank it up.

But sometimes, I want to skip going through the Minor Leagues and be an instant star. I think this is possible if SCEA allows you to not create a player and play with them, but jump into an existing players career.

For example, my favorite player is Joe Mauer, because I am a catcher in high school right now so I would like to create myself as a catcher, but I just can't stand playing every pitch in the Minor League players that I don't even know.

That's another thing, please give us the option to not call every pitch as a catcher. Have it be like every other position where they are involved. For example, if your a shortstop, your not playing every play where a ball goes into the outfield and you get the cutoff. Have an option where we can play the plays that include a baserunner stealing, a bunt, and a pop up behind the plate. Or even plays at the plate.

Going back to the RTTS. Instead of having me create a player from scratch as a catcher and suffer through the Minor Leagues, I would love to be able to play as Joe Mauer. It would be the same as RTTS but now I can play as Freaking Joe Mauer. Or if I wanted, play with my boy D-Wright, or Jose Reyes. Or if you want you can finish off Derek Jeter's Hall of Fame career or start off Bryce Harper's career and turn him into a Legend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: New Feature for Road to the Show

i like your idea since it gets annoying at times in the minors
but they should have both modes in the game
Old 12-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #3
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosnian19
i like your idea since it gets annoying at times in the minors
but they should have both modes in the game
Yeah I meant to put that in. To not get rid of the current mode because I do like that mode too because as i said it is very rewarding when you finally get the call.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Then...it wouldn't be "road to the show"...right...?
Old 12-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #5
Banned

JustOpinions's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakland89
Then...it wouldn't be "road to the show"...right...?
Meh who cares, its still RTTS if you want it to be.

Im with the OP and have been saying it for awhile, I can appreciate people who like and want to go through the minors but really we know a good 60% if not more of us would skip it if we could.
Call it impatience or whatever but I mean theres only so many hours in a day a guy can get in "game time" wasting it playing minor league games is tedious, but its not like no minors cant be an option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #6
Rookie

Legionnaire's Arena

OVR: 5

It'd be interesting to throw in a few different options for when you jump into a player's career, I think.

Maybe have the option to inhabit a star player (so you feel the pressure of being the guy your team is expecting to carry it). Or inhabit an old veteran whose career is winding down (so you have the immediate challenge of trying to get him in position to win a World Series before he hangs 'em up).

I prefer controlling my guy from the very beginning of his career. But, for those times when I want a break from the minor league grind, it'd be nice to switch over to a RTTS where I can jump right into an MLB career (to scratch that itch for big league uniforms and competition and stadiums... without having to resort to a meaningless exhibition game, and still being able to stick to the RTTS format of play).
Old 12-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #7
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Now I love playing minor league games so I'm obviously not coming from the same place as the OP, but you can shorten the road to the Show by boosting attribute ratings through purchasing training points via SC. If the devs are seeing it as a monetizing opportunity, you might not have a choice.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #8
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
It'd be interesting to throw in a few different options for when you jump into a player's career, I think.

Maybe have the option to inhabit a star player (so you feel the pressure of being the guy your team is expecting to carry it). Or inhabit an old veteran whose career is winding down (so you have the immediate challenge of trying to get him in position to win a World Series before he hangs 'em up).

I prefer controlling my guy from the very beginning of his career. But, for those times when I want a break from the minor league grind, it'd be nice to switch over to a RTTS where I can jump right into an MLB career (to scratch that itch for big league uniforms and competition and stadiums... without having to resort to a meaningless exhibition game, and still being able to stick to the RTTS format of play).
Yeah that's what I mean when I said ending Derek Jeter's career or jumping into Tulowitzki's prime of his. Or start Bryce Harpers career and turn him into an all around legend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »