Home

Just popped in 11 pre-patch and...!!!

This is a discussion on Just popped in 11 pre-patch and...!!! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1
Just popped in 11 pre-patch and...!!!

Wow, I forgot all about passed balls & wild pitches! There is a ton of them in MLB 11 The Show before any updates. I remember they patched it, not because of the high amount of passed balls and wild pitches, rather, the lack of CPU pitcher's AI on when to throw balls in the dirt. They would throw anything and everything in all situations; even with a runner on 3B. The user, on the other hand, lost the ability to throw breaking pitches in the dirt, during certain situations.

Instead of short-cutting this problem and severely reducing wild pitches/passed balls in 12, I hope the issue was corrected properly; CPU AI. Forgot how much I missed this piece of strategy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Just popped in 11 pre-patch and...!!!

I thought they patched so that the catchers handles the pitches in the dirt more cleanly, whereas pre-patch the pitch often deflected off catcher enough that it became an almost guaranteed extra base for the runner(r) on base.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1

Pre-patch, there was 3-6 balls that got by per game; maybe more. Post patch, less than 1 per game. Whatever reason that was given, making catchers better or whatever, put it back to how it was!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

I think the consensus (at least among those who kept stats) was that it was too much pre-patch. Then it was fixed with the patch, but maybe was over-corrected. Personally in 12 I want to see something in between... pre- and post-patches.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:30 AM   #5
Pro

dbacks_Nation's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I thought they patched so that the catchers handles the pitches in the dirt more cleanly, whereas pre-patch the pitch often deflected off catcher enough that it became an almost guaranteed extra base for the runner(r) on base.
The catcher would always stand up and take a step forward which led him to kicking the ball
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2012, 02:32 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

That's 1 reason why I've been playing 10 lately. The lack of WP and PB on 11 was bothering me. At least in 10 there are some.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:01 AM   #7
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
I had the CPU throw a wild pitch on me yesterday...patched and well.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #8
Pro

Yankees2009Champs's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black59Razr
Wow, I forgot all about passed balls & wild pitches! There is a ton of them in MLB 11 The Show before any updates. I remember they patched it, not because of the high amount of passed balls and wild pitches, rather, the lack of CPU pitcher's AI on when to throw balls in the dirt. They would throw anything and everything in all situations; even with a runner on 3B. The user, on the other hand, lost the ability to throw breaking pitches in the dirt, during certain situations.

Instead of short-cutting this problem and severely reducing wild pitches/passed balls in 12, I hope the issue was corrected properly; CPU AI. Forgot how much I missed this piece of strategy.
the game was far better pre-patch, including having the CAP trick to get the digital face. It's why I never got the patch
"Undaunted, I knew the game was mine to win. Just like in life, ALL of my successes depend on me. I'm the man who has the ball, I'm the man who can throw it faster than heck. So that is why I am better than everyone in the world."

Legendary pitcher Kenny Powers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »