Home

What hitting view are you using?

This is a discussion on What hitting view are you using? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
What hitting view are you using?

I can't seem to find one I like. How do the custom ones work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
Rookie

BlueSkies7776's Arena

Re: What hitting view are you using?

For custom you can freely move the camera around and make your own batting view.

I'm using the new default catcher view, I think it is a perfect combo of the catcher and wide views of the past games. But I might go back to catcher classic.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #3
Rookie

sharebear420's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm liking catcher classic after one inning sooo much over the default. Makes the camera go lower so you can tell if it's gonna be a low ball better maybe now I can get some walks
NHL-FLYERS
NCAAB-DUKE/SYRACUSE
NCAAF-LSU
FIFA-DORTMUND, GER
Old 03-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #4
Rookie

BlueSkies7776's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharebear420
I'm liking catcher classic after one inning sooo much over the default. Makes the camera go lower so you can tell if it's gonna be a low ball better maybe now I can get some walks
I agree, it makes low ball easier to judge, but the problem with catcher classic for me is that I can't tell how far the ball is as it travels towards the hitter. The depth perception of it makes it difficult for me. With Wide and now the default view, the view is just slightly looking down so I can see the balls distance as it travels. Makes timing a lot easier.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #5
Rookie

sharebear420's Arena

OVR: 9

True. I like the look of the default a lot better it's just so ha to judge balls. What pitch speed should I use to get better looks?
NHL-FLYERS
NCAAB-DUKE/SYRACUSE
NCAAF-LSU
FIFA-DORTMUND, GER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies7776
I agree, it makes low ball easier to judge, but the problem with catcher classic for me is that I can't tell how far the ball is as it travels towards the hitter. The depth perception of it makes it difficult for me. With Wide and now the default view, the view is just slightly looking down so I can see the balls distance as it travels. Makes timing a lot easier.
That's what it was. It definitely felt weird. I used it for an inning with my Mets (I have 7 runs I think in 3 games with them and no BBs) and I went BB, BB, 2B, 1B, sac fly, strike out. I'll take the loss of depth perception to distinguish between balls and strikes.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #7
Rookie

BlueSkies7776's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
That's what it was. It definitely felt weird. I used it for an inning with my Mets (I have 7 runs I think in 3 games with them and no BBs) and I went BB, BB, 2B, 1B, sac fly, strike out. I'll take the loss of depth perception to distinguish between balls and strikes.
I just can't. With the loss of depth perception in catcher classic I can't time fast balls for ****. It makes hitting a nightmare for me. With wide and default I can hit and alos learn to adjust when a ball is low or outside the zone.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies7776
I just can't. With the loss of depth perception in catcher classic I can't time fast balls for ****. It makes hitting a nightmare for me. With wide and default I can hit and alos learn to adjust when a ball is low or outside the zone.
I'm old and slow, so the only way I can enjoy this game is to tune down cpu pitch speed. I couldn't imagine feeling any precision on the default settings between timing a 97 mph fast ball and a 92 mph fast ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »