Home

This game absolutely, 100% *needs* a "calibrate lag" feature

This is a discussion on This game absolutely, 100% *needs* a "calibrate lag" feature within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #9
Rookie

careLOS's Arena

OVR: 1
I've always had that problem when I played The Show 2011 on large TV screens. Did you have this problem last year as well?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: This game absolutely, 100% *needs* a "calibrate lag" feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
If your TV has a setting or preference called "Game mode" use it.
I have it turned on, and it doesn't make any difference. The same was true with Rock Band. Couldn't hit a lot of the notes before I calibrated, after I did I could handle Expert difficulty level.

I wouldn't make a post about it if it wasn't so severe, and also if the post that I made earlier wasn't full of other people talking about having to turn the pitch speed down the same way I *thought* I needed to do to be competitive in this game. But it's not the pitch speed, at all. This game has a pretty high level of requirement in terms of hitting timing and if you've got a TV with this kind of input lag.....forget about it. And it's not like I have some off-brand piece of junk, I mean Sony Bravia's are pretty good TV's. I play A LOT of video games on this TV, and Rock Band & MLB The Show are the only 2 games where this is even a factor for me.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by careLOS
I've always had that problem when I played The Show 2011 on large TV screens. Did you have this problem last year as well?
Yes I did, and I immediately remembered it after I moved the game to that monitor. I actually got rid of MLB 11 after like a month because I was so frustrated with it.

It's noticeable, that's all I'm saying. And if I notice it, there's no way in hell I'm the only one. Not by a long shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thank you for posting this I thought I was just losing my mind.

I always played all video games on a 50 inch 7 year old Pioneer HD plasma but recently bought a new 47 inch LED Sony Vizio. This being 7 months ago I decided to play MLB 11 on my new TV. I use meter pitching and noticed I was always late on hitting the accuracy. I thought ok maybe I’m just not paying attention but continued to be late. Then I thought I’d just try hitting and I couldn’t hit at all. Then I though I’m going to put the game away for the day and try it when I wake up because maybe I’m tired. The next day I still couldn’t hit the accuracy mark using meter pitching. I decided to lead the meter and hit the button well before the accuracy mark so then I would be on time. This helped a little bit but I decided to put the game away until next year.

Now on MLB 12 I still notice this issue especially when hitting I am late on every single fastball.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1011
Thank you for posting this I thought I was just losing my mind.

I always played all video games on a 50 inch 7 year old Pioneer HD plasma but recently bought a new 47 inch LED Sony Vizio. This being 7 months ago I decided to play MLB 11 on my new TV. I use meter pitching and noticed I was always late on hitting the accuracy. I thought ok maybe I’m just not paying attention but continued to be late. Then I thought I’d just try hitting and I couldn’t hit at all. Then I though I’m going to put the game away for the day and try it when I wake up because maybe I’m tired. The next day I still couldn’t hit the accuracy mark using meter pitching. I decided to lead the meter and hit the button well before the accuracy mark so then I would be on time. This helped a little bit but I decided to put the game away until next year.

Now on MLB 12 I still notice this issue especially when hitting I am late on every single fastball.
Yes, it's absolutely a real issue that I guarantee many people are having and don't even realize it because they just think the game is really hard.

The newer, larger TV's suffer from SOME sort of input lag, whether it's noticeable or not with certain functions. On the overwhelming majority of games it's most likely not even recognizable but in this game, it undeniably is. All I ask is that if someone is reading this and you're having trouble with the timing in this game, try to hook your PS3 up to something other than a large, newer HDTV. I bet you notice a difference.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:33 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
If your TV has a setting or preference called "Game mode" use it.
I just want to point out that there are many known issues with "game mode" on a lot of new LG televisions, primarily the 3D ones. mva, if your TV has a "PC" selection for the input, I would try it.

You have to tell the TV that your PS3/360 inputs are actually PC, not Game.

Either way, this is not an issue for San Diego Studios. The lag is coming via your television, it has nothing to do with the PS3 or the game.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:41 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrantwade
I just want to point out that there are many known issues with "game mode" on a lot of new LG televisions, primarily the 3D ones. mva, if your TV has a "PC" selection for the input, I would try it.

You have to tell the TV that your PS3/360 inputs are actually PC, not Game.

Either way, this is not an issue for San Diego Studios. The lag is coming via your television, it has nothing to do with the PS3 or the game.
But if that's the case, then why does Rock Band have a calibrate lag feature? My TV does have a "PC" input....but it has to be VGA.

All I'm trying to say is that I see this as a legitimate "issue" in 2 games that I play. And I play a lot.

Rock Band
MLB The Show

That's it. To the point of where it's extremely noticeable if I switch displays where as other games, it's pretty much non-existent. And as I said before if I'm having this issue, with a relatively new 46" Sony Bravia LCD, then I'm sure there are many other people experiencing the same thing. And they may not even realize it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

mva5580 you are absolutely right there is lag on higher definition tv even with the gamemode option, i have a 24 inch lcd screen and it is like night and day trust me people there is lag on some hdtv even with the game mode feature i play on hall of fame with my 24 inch lcd the timing is just better..alot of people wont realize that there always late on most fast balls thats why you see so much opposite field hits homeruns ......they should have some type of calibration like rock band.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »