Home

Base runners Givinaway outcome of hits/outs

This is a discussion on Base runners Givinaway outcome of hits/outs within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-10-2012, 04:57 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Base runners Givinaway outcome of hits/outs

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
Runners go into a "trot" on high fly balls that end up being HR's....it ruins the suspense for me.
Yup. This too
Old 04-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
How is this possible when you control the baserunners? Half the time I'm holding L1 before the ball leaves the pitcher's hand, and hopefully I'm not letting go until the slide into second base. If you're waiting until the runners tip you off onto what's going to happen you already missed the window to influence the play.

Yes, perfect example! If it was such a beautiful shot, why weren't you on L1?

Let's rephrase what you just said, if you don't mind: "Hit a beautiful shot to the gap, but I don't hit L1, therefore I've told the game I don't think it's a hit."

Disclaimer: If you're on coach mode or something, or use auto-baserunning, please disregard (you never know around here).
With base running in the show you don't have 100% control. So it really is unnecessary to pound on that L1. All you simply have to do is hold that L1 before they reach the base to tell the runners to advance.
And you said you're pressing L1 after every pitch? Does that mean you are stealing every pitch? To each his own. My point is simply that the baserunning y the CPU seems to be giving away some outcomes
Old 04-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #11
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRu31
I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case in previous versions but if you hit a ball in the gap the base runners that are on base are giving away the eventual outcome 100% of the time. Therefore taking away a lot of the drama. Obviously this means that the outcome is predetermined. Eg: man on first, hit a beautiful shot to the gap, but the base runner doesn't move, therefore I know that the outfielder will catch that ball no matter what and vice versa. If he takes off running I know he won't catch it. Not every base runner should know hit/out right off the crack of the bat
I know it was in MLB 11, seen it happen many times
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's not just baserunners. The other outfielders will never back up a ball that will be caught, They always stop after taking 3 or four steps

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »