Home

The Oakland Athletics

This is a discussion on The Oakland Athletics within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-17-2012, 02:50 AM   #41
Rookie

Sergio88's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The Oakland Athletics

You guys must not pay much attention the trade that happen during franchise mode....trades that would never happen real life in my 2nd season The Giants Traded C Buster Posey to the Rangers for C/1B Mike Napoli another unrealistic trade i seen happen was the Braves trading 1B Freddie Freeman & OF Michael Bourn To the D'backs For 1B Paul Goldschmidt & OF Gerado Perra.....these are just some of the Ridiculous deal that happen.....so as dumb as my deal for Hamilton was it's just what happens in franchise mode i wish in next years edition they fix the trade generator.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #42
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio88
You guys must not pay much attention the trade that happen during franchise mode....trades that would never happen real life in my 2nd season The Giants Traded C Buster Posey to the Rangers for C/1B Mike Napoli another unrealistic trade i seen happen was the Braves trading 1B Freddie Freeman & OF Michael Bourn To the D'backs For 1B Paul Goldschmidt & OF Gerado Perra.....these are just some of the Ridiculous deal that happen.....so as dumb as my deal for Hamilton was it's just what happens in franchise mode i wish in next years edition they fix the trade generator.
I want to rebuild without name guys, but:

I totally agree with you, if you're going to play franchise against the rest of a CPU controlled league, they're going to do "whatever it takes" to win, so it makes sense to want to "beat them at their own game"...

I've seen things like Ichiro go to the BoSox as a half year "rental", only to end up with the NYY the following year...

Some pretty daffy stuff...
Old 08-13-2012, 01:21 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

I can't remember my budget. But I don't think it's too high where I won't be able to keep a team together. I rather rebuild a team and just add pieces.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #44
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

I have mine going and it is awful!!!! I'm 4-11 and cant hit my way out of a invisible paper bag!! pitching is good to a degree as long as i remember to keep the ball down and keep an eye on the pitchers energy meter... i've played on every level from rookie to all star with a mix of sliders from all over... this game this year is a real.... well you know... I'm not used to losing on any level in a baseball game since i started playing back on Nintendo back in 86!!!

Looks like they A's wont be making the playoffs this year...
Old 08-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #45
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Well, this is the first year that I could NOT rebuild a team for sh*t...

Finished 3rd in the AL West in 2012 and 2013, last in 2014, and am on track to be a "seller" AGAIN by the 2015 AS break...

Worst part:

I'm prob going to have to suck it up and trade Cespedes for some prospects...

It's his contract year, and although Choice ain't number 52, he just may have to do...

Ship sinking...AGAIN...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0
Has anyone been able to develop Ryan Cook? Every time I go through a season his attributes drop.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #47
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sweep
Has anyone been able to develop Ryan Cook? Every time I go through a season his attributes drop.
Not me, his potential is "C", so no matter if you jack his attributes a bit, he just goes back to being "meh" eventually...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »