Home

Player ratings in this game do not matter (Video inside).

This is a discussion on Player ratings in this game do not matter (Video inside). within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #49
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Player ratings in this game do not matter (Video inside).

Seriously? I am not even going to bother. I'll let that video rest on it's own merits.

However the notion that ratings don't matter in this game is so far beyond ridiculous, I don't even know how to respond.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #50
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Seriously? I am not even going to bother. I'll let that video rest on it's own merits.

However the notion that ratings don't matter in this game is so far beyond ridiculous, I don't even know how to respond.
lol, not worth it. I can post a video skewed to ratings do matter
Old 05-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
lol, not worth it. I can post a video skewed to ratings do matter
If you've spent anytime at all with the game that becomes readily apparent.

That video came off to me as, I am not playing as well as I think I should be, therefore the game must be broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #52
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

That video came off to me as, I am not playing as well as I think I should be, therefore the game must be broken.
then he goes on to discuss PCI and brings up the name Pujols his season by far does not match his ratings. With his logic the only way to get hits in this game is to be perfect on everything
Old 05-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #53
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

In looking in to the OP's youtube account, I now see the motivation.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #54
Pro

ballin095's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

The point of these videos is to show that when going against the computer, the way the computer pitches with specific players such as joe random does not correspond to his ratings within the game. If i am going against Joe Random, or another weak pitcher, I want to see a HUGE difference between the way he pitches and Roy Halladay or another great pitcher does. If you watched the videos you would had seen that that is not the case with this game, at least not enough of the time. And like i said toward the end of this second video, the problem exists mainly when playing Franchise mode. Yes, I may score 5-6 runs against Joe Random in franchise because I have good hitters, but the way he is pitching does not correspond to his ratings within the game. It is that simple. And I also appreciate how you related this video to my skill level. I am a person who USED to play on hall of fame and legend and would score a decent amount of runs per game, depending on the team I was using, etc. But I moved the difficulty down to veteran and rookie just because I found that the cpu was not hitting/pitching realistically. And if you watched the first video, even when playing on rookie, the computer was able to paint the corner on pitches with Joe Random as though he is an ace. How can you explain that? You're telling me that every time a player who is essentially still developing in the minors is able to pinpoint pitches as though he is in the majors? And this happens on every game in the show. That is why this is the main problem with the game. I'm not saying that if you sim stats that Joe Random will have 2.00 era with 15 wins, but when playing AGAINST him with the cpu using him, he pitches as though as has.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #55
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin095
The point of these videos is to show that when going against the computer, the way the computer pitches with specific players such as joe random does not correspond to his ratings within the game. If i am going against Joe Random, or another weak pitcher, I want to see a HUGE difference between the way he pitches and Roy Halladay or another great pitcher does. If you watched the videos you would had seen that that is not the case with this game, at least not enough of the time. And like i said toward the end of this second video, the problem exists mainly when playing Franchise mode. Yes, I may score 5-6 runs against Joe Random in franchise because I have good hitters, but the way he is pitching does not correspond to his ratings within the game. It is that simple. And I also appreciate how you related this video to my skill level. I am a person who USED to play on hall of fame and legend and would score a decent amount of runs per game, depending on the team I was using, etc. But I moved the difficulty down to veteran and rookie just because I found that the cpu was not hitting/pitching realistically. And if you watched the first video, even when playing on rookie, the computer was able to paint the corner on pitches with Joe Random as though he is an ace. How can you explain that? You're telling me that every time a player who is essentially still developing in the minors is able to pinpoint pitches as though he is in the majors? And this happens on every game in the show. That is why this is the main problem with the game. I'm not saying that if you sim stats that Joe Random will have 2.00 era with 15 wins, but when playing AGAINST him with the cpu using him, he pitches as though as has.
And I am saying you're wrong. For too many reasons to explain.

I believe you want to be the next troof chaser, for whatever reason. Although you picked the wrong game to try to pick apart.

In any case, I find this thread to be nonsense, and contrived, and I am ejecting. Have at it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #56
Pro

ballin095's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
And I am saying you're wrong. For too many reasons to explain.

I believe you want to be the next troof chaser, for whatever reason. Although you picked the wrong game to try to pick apart.

In any case, I find this thread to be nonsense, and contrived, and I am ejecting. Have at it.
I like how instead of discussing some of these reasons, you go on to insult me. All im trying to do here is to show how the cpu pitching in this game is very flawed at times. Like i said in the video, sometimes a bad pitcher (or what many consider a bad pitcher) has a strong outing, but in this game, it's like this every time you face the cpu, no matter the difficulty setting or even the sliders. Yes it can happen again, but it happens too frequently when playing this game. I must have a defected version of the game because the way you guys are saying how my video is inaccurate I really feel I do at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »