Home

OK...I Can't Hit These Daggum Changeups

This is a discussion on OK...I Can't Hit These Daggum Changeups within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: OK...I Can't Hit These Daggum Changeups

Change ups kind of look like they are "floating" coming out of the pitchers hand. It's subtle, but if you pick it up off his hand you will start crushing change ups. I hit them better than any other pitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #26
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

The pitch edit roster(OSFM v3 or newer..) really goes a long way in helping with my performance against change ups.

Pitch recognition aside, for me, there is nothing more helpful than realistic pitch speeds. There are way to many pitchers at default that have a 10-15mph fastball/changeup difference, so rosters that bring that aspect back into the realm of realism is really beneficial.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:33 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 9

The first thing I would say is that you should know your fb/changeup counts. Once you know those you have won 50 percent of the battles. After that the next most important item is learning how to be super patient early in the game and getting more aggressive toward the later innings. The meaning of patiences is different for every batter based on their hot zones. If you have a hitter that has hot zones that are low and away don't look for high strikes cause this guy doesn't like it there. This of course is if you are playing MLB guys, if its a RttS guy then you define your own hot zones so find where you like the ball and look there and only there till you have those two strikes and have to protect the whole zone.

I would also say that you should learn how to let the ball get deep in the zone, this will help you wait a little longer thus pulling the changeup and driving the fb oppo.
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread
Old 05-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 8

If I'm getting rocked by it, I use guess pitch to guess change up. Doesn't help with hitting it as I still tend to be early, but helps with laying off what looks like a meatball down the middle that falls off the table.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »