Home

Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

This is a discussion on Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #217
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
It had its flaws where the system had this imaginary vortex and pulled mistimed pitches toward the center of the zone. It needed to be more erratic around the zone as opposed to constantly punishing you down the center of the plate.
I strongly agree about the "meatball" factor and I hope we will see more erratic pitches with mistiming but I would still like to see the occasional wild pitch be uncorked even on well timed pitches just for the unpredictability factor that pitching has

Last edited by DodgerFanatic2K3; 12-19-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #218
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

I personally never had a problem missing in, out, or down, but it was ridiculously hard to throw a pitch just above the strikezone. 99% of the time the ball ends up in the top third of the zone or way above the batter's head...

What I really want out of the pulse mechanic is the ability to control velocity, and hopefully the relationship between velocity and movement is fixed this year (in previous years it was reversed, so higher effort meant + velocity and + movement, should be + velocity and - movement).
Old 12-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #219
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
I personally never had a problem missing in, out, or down, but it was ridiculously hard to throw a pitch just above the strikezone. 99% of the time the ball ends up in the top third of the zone or way above the batter's head...
Interesting because that location is money for me. Also, I do miss all around the strike zone but the system currently favors the center of the zone if you mistime your button press.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #220
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Interesting because that location is money for me. Also, I do miss all around the strike zone but the system currently favors the center of the zone if you mistime your button press.
It must be an approach thing then because the only time I get the "black hole" effect is when most of the circle is in the strike zone and I mis-time the pulse. I play on Legend with consistency (the slider that controls the speed of the pulse) at 2 and the only time I miss in the middle of the zone is when I'm being careless. I get the feeling that people are too afraid to aim way out of the zone, because when I'm trying to clip the corner I usually aim in the other batter's box and I either miss out of the zone or paint the corner...
Old 12-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #221
Rookie

OVR: 1

1. 2 variations of knuckleball, hard and soft. R.A Dickey is totally off in the show because you can't make the hard knuckleball.

2. More fielding control in general. Less pre-set animations that take control

3. Better 3d support. I see ghosts when I play

4. Manager arguments, ejections etc.. (is this in? It never happens for me.)

5. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE improve the trade system. It makes no sense. I would like you to be able to offer a player and have the computer offer potentials back. It should be more of a two way street. Counter offers etc..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #222
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Allow us to play any position as a lefty in RTTS.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:22 PM   #223
Rookie

JustinVerlander35's Arena

OVR: 3

1. Add Tiger Stadium to classic stadium
2. Get rid of the ugly sweat lines on the hats. Why the hell would a manager be sweating through his hat?
3. Classic batting stances. I want to be able to use guys like Mantle, Griffey, and Ruth.
4. Better fielding control
5. NEW COMMENTATORS
Old 12-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #224
Rookie

Pasco08's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander35
1. Add Tiger Stadium to classic stadium
2. Get rid of the ugly sweat lines on the hats. Why the hell would a manager be sweating through his hat?
3. Classic batting stances. I want to be able to use guys like Mantle, Griffey, and Ruth.
4. Better fielding control
5. NEW COMMENTATORS
I like the current commentators. Way the hell better then the 2k ones.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »