Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #569
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

50. Over 15 new batting camera’s and 5 new pitching camera views

Why no new fielding cams? I saw that the new presentation 2.0 had added cams, but what about those of us who have been waiting forever for additional static fielding cams. There seems to be quite a bit of support for people wanting more cams to see more of the field (like how HR derby reply screen is, etc.).

The game would be perfect if it had user defined fielding cam or at least another 3-4 options (like second deck cam or behind home plate, etc.)
Old 01-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #570
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteM5

Why no new fielding cams? I saw that the new presentation 2.0 had added cams, but what about those of us who have been waiting forever for additional static fielding cams. There seems to be quite a bit of support for people wanting more cams to see more of the field (like how HR derby reply screen is, etc.).

The game would be perfect if it had user defined fielding cam or at least another 3-4 options (like second deck cam or behind home plate, etc.)

I don't know for sure...just speculating here.

They are very close to the limit on memory so they may have had to choose between new hitting cams and fielding cams. With hitting being pretty difficult for the ****** gamer, the more options you can give someone, maybe they will find a viewpoint that makes things a bit easier. I'd also be interested in the static fielding cam, but honestly I think that's something more for us sim people here, and it just comes down to space. I'm sure with the ps4 we will see plenty of new fielding cams.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #571
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:

White....

Throw this question into the presentation or the franchise thread and I'll try and see about fielding cameras..

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #572
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16
Dear EA Sports,

This is how sports gaming is done.

The End
Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #573
Rookie

Number2DJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
46. RTTS Removal of the “green-light” system
What exactly does this mean?
Old 01-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #574
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:

Hitting and pitching camera's are static they don't move, don't need transitions, etc....

Fielding camera's are a completely different ball game they move, they move a lot and there are lots of factors that have to be taken into account.

All fielding camera has to work for every stadium in the game as the lowest common denominator. This alone makes testing a tedious process, as the stadiums have different wall heights, dimensions etc... Then you have transitions speeds, turning angles, camera heights, etc......

So they aren't really related at all.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #575
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number2DJ
What exactly does this mean?
Basestealing/baserunning. It was a good idea to get people to run the basepaths wisely, but at the same time some people would get their player benched for running without the green light (when you get an email saying no more green light basically saying you're not allowed to attempt a stolen base) even though a hit and run was put on and the hitter failed to make contact. It was also tied too much into speed and baserunning ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #576
Rookie

Number2DJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Icon14 Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsareBugs
Basestealing/baserunning. It was a good idea to get people to run the basepaths wisely, but at the same time some people would get their player benched for running without the green light (when you get an email saying no more green light basically saying you're not allowed to attempt a stolen base) even though a hit and run was put on and the hitter failed to make contact. It was also tied too much into speed and baserunning ratings.
Thanks for the explanation. Yeah I've heard alot about the hit and run not working in RTTS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »