Home

Any tips from sim and watch Franchise players?

This is a discussion on Any tips from sim and watch Franchise players? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #9
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Any tips from sim and watch Franchise players?

I wasn't criticizing, or putting anyone down. I just went back and reread my post and realized it might have came across that way. I apologize if I offended anyone. Like I said, just something I didn't understand/ But again, to each his/her own
Old 01-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #10
Rookie

Kalkano, you should try and sim your games using the "Sportcaster" option...you can manage the game (to an extend) and it doesn't take a lot of time...it's the option I use when I'm in GM/Manager Mode in my franchise.

Hope it Works for you.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #11
Pro

johnriii's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I wasn't criticizing, or putting anyone down. I just went back and reread my post and realized it might have came across that way. I apologize if I offended anyone. Like I said, just something I didn't understand/ But again, to each his/her own
no problem, my friend. any opportunity to "explain" ourselves is usually taken. I know it's weird, but hey, it takes all kinds, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

yea im like john as well ill star games while im playing online poker tournaments its fun to see how my players are doing and what changes i have to make from game to game. the graphics and atmosphere in the games are getting better and better. cant wait for 13 hope they have the cpu pickoff thing fixed so i can play MOM games again.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #13
Pro

yougo1000's Arena

OVR: 14

I have 2 franchises one where I play every game and another where I play every game but sim to the 9th inning and on. I get extremely realistic results from the ninth inning one.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #14
Rookie

Kalkano's Arena

I don't do Manage Only Mode. You could probably think of my playstyle as "GM Only Mode". I scout, draft, sign free agents, send players up/down, set lineups/rotations, and watch a few games. I know there are others here that do the same, but I don't remember anyone's screen name.

My typical season is:

1) Sign free agents
2) Set rosters (time consuming, but seeing numbers for stats may speed up my decision making process)
3) Set random Sounds of the Show for all new players (at all levels...time consuming)
4) Set lineups/rotations (time consuming, but much improved, lately)
5) Every couple weeks (throughout the entire season), update scouting assignments
6) Watch Opening Day for all 3 teams (AA, AAA, MLB) (1 - 1.5 hours each)
7) Simulate 2 months
8) Draft somewhere around here
9) Check each team's record, and all player's stats
10) Decide if anyone needs to be sent up/down
11) Decide if any batting orders need to be tweaked
12) Check the trading block for anyone I might be interested in
13) If I trade anyone, edit rosters/lineups/rotations again
14) Simulate 1 month
15) Repeat steps 9-14, until the regular seasons are almost over
16) If the last game of the season has major playoff implications for one of my teams, watch it (1 - 1.5 hours each)
17) Simulate playoffs, until one of my teams is one game from elimination, or one game from winning the championship
17-a) If one of my teams is one game from elimination, watch all games in the series until they are eliminated, or come back to win the series
17-b) If one of my teams is one game from winning the championship, watch all games until they win, or lose the whole thing
18) Restart process for the next season

There's just a LOT of stuff to do every year, and it takes a REALLY long time to get through a single season, even though I'm simulating most of it.

I just thought of another thing that impedes my enjoyment. Since we can't trade draft picks in baseball, I'm always at the bottom of the barrel in the drafts. I never have a chance at drafting high, because my team always does well. Basically, I'm forced to be a Yankess-type team. In other sports, I trade my way up the draft, so I can get some prized prospects. I really prefer that to signing high-priced free agents.

It may seem cheap and easy, to have a great, winning team, and also be able to draft top talent, but I get a lot of enjoyment out of that playstyle. I can then start to lock up my own draft picks, long-term, instead of going all-out Yankess style on the free agent market.

Basically, the draft is almost useless to me, and I hate that.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #15
Pro

johnriii's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkano
I don't do Manage Only Mode. You could probably think of my playstyle as "GM Only Mode". I scout, draft, sign free agents, send players up/down, set lineups/rotations, and watch a few games. I know there are others here that do the same, but I don't remember anyone's screen name.

My typical season is:

1) Sign free agents
2) Set rosters (time consuming, but seeing numbers for stats may speed up my decision making process)
3) Set random Sounds of the Show for all new players (at all levels...time consuming)
4) Set lineups/rotations (time consuming, but much improved, lately)
5) Every couple weeks (throughout the entire season), update scouting assignments
6) Watch Opening Day for all 3 teams (AA, AAA, MLB) (1 - 1.5 hours each)
7) Simulate 2 months
8) Draft somewhere around here
9) Check each team's record, and all player's stats
10) Decide if anyone needs to be sent up/down
11) Decide if any batting orders need to be tweaked
12) Check the trading block for anyone I might be interested in
13) If I trade anyone, edit rosters/lineups/rotations again
14) Simulate 1 month
15) Repeat steps 9-14, until the regular seasons are almost over
16) If the last game of the season has major playoff implications for one of my teams, watch it (1 - 1.5 hours each)
17) Simulate playoffs, until one of my teams is one game from elimination, or one game from winning the championship
17-a) If one of my teams is one game from elimination, watch all games in the series until they are eliminated, or come back to win the series
17-b) If one of my teams is one game from winning the championship, watch all games until they win, or lose the whole thing
18) Restart process for the next season

There's just a LOT of stuff to do every year, and it takes a REALLY long time to get through a single season, even though I'm simulating most of it.

I just thought of another thing that impedes my enjoyment. Since we can't trade draft picks in baseball, I'm always at the bottom of the barrel in the drafts. I never have a chance at drafting high, because my team always does well. Basically, I'm forced to be a Yankess-type team. In other sports, I trade my way up the draft, so I can get some prized prospects. I really prefer that to signing high-priced free agents.

It may seem cheap and easy, to have a great, winning team, and also be able to draft top talent, but I get a lot of enjoyment out of that playstyle. I can then start to lock up my own draft picks, long-term, instead of going all-out Yankess style on the free agent market.

Basically, the draft is almost useless to me, and I hate that.
wow, that DOES make for a long season. I usually take control of my favorite team create ONE slightly above average player, scan for free agents that I might like, then start the season. I always sim through spring training, but I watch just about every season game. needless to say, I've reached the playoffs only once doing it this way, so I'm thinking I will sim maybe every other game till the all star break, then go back to my standard practice. can't wait for the new game to come out...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #16
Rookie

Kalkano's Arena

Forgot to mention that I also watch all 3 All Star games, and the Futures Game. I only watch at bats from players on my teams (although, it's hard to use the fast forward function, guessing when they'll come up), and one batter for each pitcher on my teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »